Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers do stupid things that keep teams in games...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    It is about time that someone lays down the law with Arians. This guy is a dipshit; sorry, nothing else to say. Ben gets out there and seemingly can't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half, so they do nothing but bomb it deep and do the ridiculously-predictable run into the line, even with eight men in the box. The guy calling a game that causes this team to three-and-out every time they step foot on the field screws this team just about every week. Yeah, Ben looked like a pile of **** later in that game, but quit calling passes he can't make: Do something else. It is called an adjustment, it's what good coaches do.

If the offense had continued to score points and take time off the clock, the roughing the punter penalty wouldn't have meant anything. Instead, they screwed the pooch.
    Arians gets a pass in the trib and gazette every week. do these sports writers see what is happening in pittsburgh or are we wrong about arians? someone needs to jump on this guys crap and call it out. maybe then tomlin will listen if the media starts to hammer arians awful game plans..

the gazzette... oh wait lets blame the swirling wind on bens crappy passes. if its freaking swirling wind why is he going deep over and over in the second half.. does ben have a poster of aaron rodgers on his bedroom ceiling??? ben is not aaron..

It has to be addressed by Tomlin and he's a puss so nothing will change..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

You cant blame clock management on just Tomlin. All the assistant coaches share responsibility with that, but I agree that they have to get their stuff together.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    It is about time that someone lays down the law with Arians. This guy is a dipshit; sorry, nothing else to say. Ben gets out there and seemingly can't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half, so they do nothing but bomb it deep and do the ridiculously-predictable run into the line, even with eight men in the box. The guy calling a game that causes this team to three-and-out every time they step foot on the field screws this team just about every week. Yeah, Ben looked like a pile of **** later in that game, but quit calling passes he can't make: Do something else. It is called an adjustment, it's what good coaches do.

If the offense had continued to score points and take time off the clock, the roughing the punter penalty wouldn't have meant anything. Instead, they screwed the pooch.

i can't add any more to this...my feelings exactly. great post!

coldrolled said: Arians gets a pass in the trib and gazette every week. do these sports writers see what is happening in pittsburgh or are we wrong about arians? someone needs to jump on this guys crap and call it out. maybe then tomlin will listen if the media starts to hammer arians awful game plans..

the gazzette... oh wait lets blame the swirling wind on bens crappy passes. if its freaking swirling wind why is he going deep over and over in the second half.. does ben have a poster of aaron rodgers on his bedroom ceiling??? ben is not aaron..

this is also a great post. the pittsburgh press doesn't like to put any blame on any coach for any reason. they thought ray sherman was an excellent OC as well. at some point, when deep ball after deep ball isn't working, tomlin has to step in and say to bruce "get back to what works well or i'm gonna shove my shoe so far up your ***, you'll know what reebok tastes like."

until then we can watch green bay and new england and say...damn, i wish our offense looked efficient like that. we have to personnel to make it efficient, we just don't have the system to get us to that point.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I am beginning to wonder if BA has ever coached under Joe Pa because I swear we get the lead and he completely shuts down the offense. Just like PSU does in their games. We don't have to blow teams out by 40 every game, but we get a 2 or 3 touchdown lead and our defense is on the field the entire second half. That is when teams get back into the game because our defense is gassed. Then we expect Ben and the offense to keep us in the game or to win the game. Quit with the Prevent offense in the second half. The run-run- bubble screen or short pass and then punt on fourth is getting old.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Keeping Mendenhall in the game after that 68 yd run was ridiculous. That alone was one big reason the game was so close. In the post game presser he was asked about and Mendy told him he was fine!

Well of course he's going to say that, he doesn't want to come out with a chance to score a TD! If you've been running the ball well in the first half, getting nearly all the carries by yourself and then you just sprint 68 yds, don't tell me you don't need a breather. Even if you don't, get a fresh set of legs in there to bring home the TD.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Keeping Mendenhall in the game after that 68 yd run was ridiculous. That alone was one big reason the game was so close. In the post game presser he was asked about and Mendy told him he was fine!

Well of course he's going to say that, he doesn't want to come out with a chance to score a TD! If you've been running the ball well in the first half, getting nearly all the carries by yourself and then you just sprint 68 yds, don't tell me you don't need a breather. Even if you don't, get a fresh set of legs in there to bring home the TD.
    I was drinking a beer... looked at the backfield and said were the heck ... kinda like that ... is redman... if i could think of it in 10 seconds drinking... Pinhead should right?

Wrong.. Redman never came in did he??

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Hey MT. When the fans know exactly what you are going to allow game after game don't you think the opposing teams know this too? Get real. Great thread.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I find myself almost not being able to get mad at this team anymore, I just shake my head and think "here we go again". They're so up and down, so injured, have so much potential, make so many bonehead play calls, and what have you that I just can't help but sink my head down and just hope they can somehow pull out a win.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I find myself almost not being able to get mad at this team anymore, I just shake my head and think "here we go again". They're so up and down, so injured, have so much potential, make so many bonehead play calls, and what have you that I just can't help but sink my head down and just hope they can somehow pull out a win.
    It's that thing where you're not mad, you're disappointed.

Thread Information