Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers do stupid things that keep teams in games...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

The Steelers do stupid things that keep teams in games...

We have been seeing this it seems all season now even during the games the Steelers win with these stupid personal foul penalties after the plays are over such as Mundy today trying to block a punt when youre up 17-3, or Pouncey and Wallace committing stupid fouls after the play in Houston that were big plays and costs the Steelers yardage. Also,Mike Tomlin had better get with it when it comes to his clock management and his challenging decisions. The catch Jason Hill made early in the 1st quarter was clearly not a catch and Tomlin didnt even think twice about challenging it. He did the samething last week when a ball hit the ground when a Titans receiver appeared to have caught it and it was ruled a catch which lead to a Titans TD and them getting new life and back into the game. Also, Tomlin's clock management before halftime was poor as well. He had 2 timeouts and waited until the 3rd down play was over with and there was only 13 seconds left, where as if he had used both of the timeouts he had he could have got better field position and maybe got in FG range. As we saw yesterday every single point mattered in that game yesterday. It just seemed like after the Steelers got up 17-0 they sleptwalked through the rest of the game and did soooo many stupid things that just kept the Jags in the game. This has got to stop the upcoming weeks with the Pats and Ravens up next on the schedule the next 3 weeks or so.

Tomlin is where it starts... Trying to kick the long FG instead of going for it. Lack of challenges etc etc.. He asks for it!

Throw the whole style point mentality out the window Tomlin and start kicking some f'n ***! No reason this game was even close!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ok, someone please tell me why Tomlin did not use those 2 timeouts at the end of the first half? Jags went 3 and out at the 20 yard line. You use those timeouts you get the ball back with great field position and a minute left on the clock. Instead the timeouts went to waste. was he thinking?

My Mood
    saints-hater
    The personal foul plays and late hits after the plays start with Tomlin as well. We are just seeing way too many of them every single week now and if you continue to do that against the better teams in the league at some point it's going to costs you. Tomlin and the challenges and timeout usage is completely and totally **** poor. He probably is the worst coach in the league in terms of challenging certain plays and using his timeouts at certain points in the game. There is no other way to really sugarcoat it he is a complete idiot when it comes to both of those things. And if you manage your challenges and have bad timeout usage against teams like the Patriots and Ravens which are coming up next on the Steelers schedule it's going to costs you and costs you big time.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Ok, someone please tell me why Tomlin did not use those 2 timeouts at the end of the first half? Jags went 3 and out at the 20 yard line. You use those timeouts you get the ball back with great field position and a minute left on the clock. Instead the timeouts went to waste. was he thinking?
    Style points! As long as they win by 1 more point than the other team he's pleased!!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I'd like to 'acknowledge' that this is an excellent thread. Raises a lot of good points.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Well, the only people who know the Steelers better than the Steelers are the Cardinals who the Steelers play next week in their place. They'd better get their house in order and eliminate the careless penalties and poor coaching decisions or they will get whacked out there. Because as we have come to see as a pattern in 2011, the Steelers play down the level of their opponent. And the Cards have had 2 weeks to prep for this game, so the Steelers better get their heads out of their hind parts real quick.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I'd like to 'acknowledge' that this is an excellent thread. Raises a lot of good points.
    Thanks SteelDad I just felt the need to bring it up and point out a lot of the shortcomings of the team and especially Tomlin and his way of coaching. Im looking forward to being on the PodCast with you and Matt next week as well should be a lot of fun...

--- Added 10/17/2011 at 09:45 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Well, the only people who know the Steelers better than the Steelers are the Cardinals who the Steelers play next week in their place. They'd better get their house in order and eliminate the careless penalties and poor coaching decisions or they will get whacked out there. Because as we have come to see as a pattern in 2011, the Steelers play down the level of their opponent. And the Cards have had 2 weeks to prep for this game, so the Steelers better get their heads out of their hind parts real quick.
    The Cardinals have some weapons on offense that can give the Steelers a lot of problems. Kevin Kolb is a pretty solid QB and if he gets going in a rythym he can put up some points. Plus, we know what Fitzgerald is capable of and how he can be an absolute nightmare to cover so Ike is going to have his hands full and then some with Fitz. Also, guys like Beanie Wells who is a solid RB, and Early Doucet who is a good 2nd WR and of course Todd Heap who always gave the Steelers fits with the Ravens can create a lot of matchup problems for the Steelers if they arent on top of their game. The offense is going to need to score about 20-30 points in this game I believe to win because I dont see the Steelers defense being able to completely shut down this Cardinals offense all day on the road without giving up some points and a few big plays here and there...

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    He was thinking he had money on the Jags so he had to shave some points so the Steelers didn't cover the 13 point spread...lol.

It is about time that someone lays down the law with Arians. This guy is a dipshit; sorry, nothing else to say. Ben gets out there and seemingly can't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half, so they do nothing but bomb it deep and do the ridiculously-predictable run into the line, even with eight men in the box. The guy calling a game that causes this team to three-and-out every time they step foot on the field screws this team just about every week. Yeah, Ben looked like a pile of **** later in that game, but quit calling passes he can't make: Do something else. It is called an adjustment, it's what good coaches do.

If the offense had continued to score points and take time off the clock, the roughing the punter penalty wouldn't have meant anything. Instead, they screwed the pooch.

Thread Information