Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall running like he's been watching Redman

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Agree with your assessment of Redman. Disagree with your sensitivity to words typed in a forum. Plus take a little time and read the love for Redman. I'm not exaggerating.
    I have read every thread about Redman on this forum, and every poster with some sense hasn't said anything but Redman should be getting more carries. Not all the carries. Just more carries.

/trust me, I'm not sensitive at all to what is put on this forum. Anyone on here will tell you that.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 10-17-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I have read every thread about Redman on this forum, and every poster with some sense hasn't said anything but Redman should be getting more carries. Not all the carries. Just more carries.

/trust me, I'm not sensitive at all to what is put on this forum. Anyone on here will tell you that.
    You way more sensitive than you let on! LOL NOT!

Anyway more carries I agree, the most carries? Only if he is the hot back at the time. If he is hitting the hole hard with success go with the hot back! But game planning Mendy is the starter right now!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Rookie Free Agent
    Mendenhall needs a little more time to find his legs and get back into mid-season form. Football requires a feel to it that takes time to regain...especially coming off of an injury like a hamstring injury which plagues so many players.
    http://www.FromThisSeat.com/index.ph...burgh-steelers
    "Tell Us About Your Seats at Heinz Field"

in 2 years starting mendenhall puts up 2400 yards and 20 TDs and a slow start makes him a bad player, or even worse...not as good as a player as a less than average redman? come on

hes so much better than redman will ever be, not cause hes a first round pick, not cause hes the starter, not cause he makes more money...its more along the lines of he proves it week in and week out. people still butt hurt over the superbowl fumble kemo cause and a slow start running behind an offensive line that 3-4 of the players on it are not NFL quality starters. give me a break, watch them play and its not even close

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    in 2 years starting mendenhall puts up 2400 yards and 20 TDs and a slow start makes him a bad player, or even worse...not as good as a player as a less than average redman? come on

hes so much better than redman will ever be, not cause hes a first round pick, not cause hes the starter, not cause he makes more money...its more along the lines of he proves it week in and week out. people still butt hurt over the superbowl fumble kemo cause and a slow start running behind an offensive line that 3-4 of the players on it are not NFL quality starters. give me a break, watch them play and its not even close
    Did you not read what I just said..

i dont think he should get more carries, maybe in blow out wins but no one is gonna be gameplanning for issac ****ing redman. Once all this smoke settles around redman being even remotely close to the skill level of mendenhall maybe everyone will see the top 10 back we have carrying the ball is gonna do a fine job.

redman is a backup, and not even a good one...i could see him getting FB reps, he seems to be a decent blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield....but like i said before a little twisting and turning for an extra yard or 2 has gone straight to the heads of a majority of a fan base....its seriously baffling

My Mood
    Fight
    Some people just hate to be wrong "Redman will NEVER SNIFF the roster"
    "Sweed is going to be the MAN", "Either on the Steelers or some other team" Where's he at now,LMAO
    "Hood sucks and always will" I could go on forever.

The whole thing about it nobody wants Spindy to fail he does that himself, the ONLY thing Spindy has that Redman does is speed that is it and the thing Redman has that Spindy doesn't is Tremedous balance and Heart plus he isn't scared of contact.

They complement each other "Night and Day" neither has the complete package. All Spindy needs to be is a scat back 1 or 2 downs to spell Redman. Russell was never any good.

Dywer has the best upside cause he can be complete but he dances too much and drops his head before he hits the hole too and he is the second coming of Lendale White LAZY
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont think he should get more carries, maybe in blow out wins but no one is gonna be gameplanning for issac ****ing redman. Once all this smoke settles around redman being even remotely close to the skill level of mendenhall maybe everyone will see the top 10 back we have carrying the ball is gonna do a fine job.

redman is a backup, and not even a good one...i could see him getting FB reps, he seems to be a decent blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield....but like i said before a little twisting and turning for an extra yard or 2 has gone straight to the heads of a majority of a fan base....its seriously baffling
    Nobody is saying that he should be getting more carries than Mendenhall. But the fact that he does twist and turn for an extra yard, which is what you just admitted, is reason enough to put him in on goal line situations and short yardage situations instead of Mendenhall, who picks up none or negative yards on quite a few of his carries. How can you not see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Some people just hate to be wrong "Redman will NEVER SNIFF the roster"
    "Sweed is going to be the MAN", "Either on the Steelers or some other team" Where's he at now,LMAO
    "Hood sucks and always will" I could go on forever.

The whole thing about it nobody wants Spindy to fail he does that himself, the ONLY thing Spindy has that Redman does is speed that is it and the thing Redman has that Spindy doesn't is Tremedous balance and Heart plus he isn't scared of contact.

They complement each other "Night and Day" neither has the complete package. All Spindy needs to be is a scat back 1 or 2 downs to spell Redman. Russell was never any good.

Dywer has the best upside cause he can be complete but he dances too much and drops his head before he hits the hole too and he is the second coming of Lendale White LAZY
    lol sweed, cant argue much there.

and hood still sucks everywhere except UT and NT, right where he should have been playing all along, inside a 43.

redman was a training camp hero, no doubt about it....came back and made the roster his second year....good for him i guess, so did gary russell, and your right...russell was never anything special, but you cant seriously tell me you think redman falls under the catergory of "something special". Hell even this year dwyer and moore have outshined him every chance they got....and dwyer has poor conditioning and moore kind of sucks.

calling mendenhall a scat back at best is just insulting and idiotic....please go bury your head in a hole.

and please...if you could go on forever please do, you nitpick about my thoughts on sweed (who gets a sad face) and hood and redman, what else you got? best you could probably do is thaddeus gibson, whom i miss every time jason worilds takes the field

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Nobody is saying that he should be getting more carries than Mendenhall. But the fact that he does twist and turn for an extra yard, which is what you just admitted, is reason enough to put him in on goal line situations and short yardage situations instead of Mendenhall, who picks up none or negative yards on quite a few of his carries. How can you not see that?
    you act like redman is a sure fire 5 yards a carry guy...he was poor against the titans, and that was his moment to show what hes got...one that dwyer took instead. Ive always said hes got terrific balance, i dont deny that...and yeah he does fight for yards, but people act like hes this steam roller that crushes the opposition. mendenhall gains plenty of yards, hits the hole plenty hard, and is a way more complete back...not a "scat back" like previously mentioned

the title of this thread is even ridiculous, cause redman has so much to teach other backs? give me a break
    Last edited by K Train; 10-18-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Thread Information