Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we know who the Steelers are yet?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Do we know who the Steelers are yet?

I'm honestly not sure we do right now, in fact I'd almost bet money on it. Through 6 games so far in the 2011 season we've seen every up and down possible with an NFL team.

Offense: Are they a team that uses the run to set up the pass or the pass to set up the run? And whichever one they are, would they be better suited if they went the other direction? I still say this team is better suited right now to use the pass to set up the run. By that I mean the short pass; not this chuck it 40 yds down field every other play.

I'm not convinced the Steelers know what they want to do on offense. They flip flop literally almost every week. Let's try and run this week, but oh wait that's not working so let's start tossing it down field. Well that doesn't work so lets try and run it again. Then the light bulb comes on and they go to the short passing game, well then the offensive line starts getting injured again and they figure, well hey let's start throwing it all over creation once more.

If they can figure out what they want to do and stick with it, we'd see more consistency out of them. Sticking with it doesn't mean you become predictable. Use what worked in your most decisive wins. Short passes, aggressive defense, run the ball, take your shots down field here and there.

Defense: This group I think has a better idea of what they want to accomplish but the lack of bodies has hampered them some up until the last 2 games. They've always been a team that stops the run first, but the players just weren't up to the challenge for the first month of the season. Now things are starting to come together for them, atleast from a scheme standpoint. They are still missing players each week, big name starters, but the youth is stepping up their game to fill the shoes of the starters.

Overall I like what I see from this team. If the Steelers don't have that roughing the punter call, this game is won by atleast 14-17 points.

The secondary definitely knows who they are this year so far, you can't argue with their play overall.

Coaching: This is more geared towards the offense for the simple fact that they need to stick with what works and stop going back to what doesn't. Credit the positional coaches for getting their groups ready to go, especially on the interior. Credit Darren Perry for doing a great job so far in the secondary. Lebeau is doing the best he can with so many young faces out there. Arians is well, Arians...

Just please, for God sakes, make up your mind who are aleady

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    What they are capable of doing is the fun thing to think about. When it all comes together and works on a big Mendenhall run, or a Mike Wallace 45 yd Touchdown, or a Redman 4th and 1, or any other big combination you can think of, that's when it's beautiful. That's when you say, "yeah, this teams' gotta chance to hang with anybody else. "

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Overall I like what I see from this team. If the Steelers don't have that roughing the punter call, this game is won by atleast 14-17 points.
    Overall, I'm physically ill from what I've seen from this team. They got butt whipped twice and they barely beat terrible teams twice. Out of 4 and 2, we have 1 good win, against the Titans (Seattle is terrible and we should have thumped them).

We're supposed to be a SB caliber team. We shouldn't be letting the Jaguars come back and almost beat us, roughing call or not. The offense was beyond horrid in the second half, putting up less than 100 yards total (I think it was closer to 50.)

Overall, this team makes me want to vomit in stanzas.

My Mood
    Addicted
    No, and we won't know until they start playing consistently. They're so on and off it's making my pull my hair it. Good game, bad game. Good first half, but second half. Offense plays well but defense doesn't one game, defense plays well but offense doesn't one game. How are you supposed to be able to point how good or bad a team is when the perform differently with every game that they play.

My Mood
    Clowns
    At this point the Steelers are pretty much going to have to come pretty close to running the table on their schedule if they want to win this division over the Ravens. The Ravens schedule is not very tough the rest of the way and any kind of additional loss by the Steelers especially if the Ravens keep winning is going to make catching them that much more tougher.

We have no idea who they are and as a fan it makes you nuts. The good thing is there's plenty of football left and we're in good shape IF we can get our act together. Other than the Packers and certainly in the AFC do we really know who any team is?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

for three years i have said arians always puts a 0 in his qtr scoring stats somewhere...

arians needs to go, we need a young OC that has a fired up game plan...

until then this offensive story will just spin like a broken record.

NO, defense is playing better but still giving up a lot of rushing yards..

Offense is a MESS and will be until they have better direction...

Sanders, Brown are out to lunch and need to learn the playbook. Ben needs to learn how to throw the deep ball better, he's been off target all season..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I`m not sure who we are yet! Not sure why we didn`t take control of the game after half time intstead of throwing deep time after time. The defense is coming around though, Woodley has awaken!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    NO, defense is playing better but still giving up a lot of rushing yards..

Offense is a MESS and will be until they have better direction...

Sanders, Brown are out to lunch and need to learn the playbook. Ben needs to learn how to throw the deep ball better, he's been off target all season..
    I agree with you on the Ben being off target comment so far this season. I love what Ben brings to the table with his ability to escape and extend the play nobody does it better in the NFL, but if youre going to pay Ben 100 million dollars he needs to quit overthrowing guys in the end zone so much like he did Brown yesterday and like we have seen him do in weeks past as well. Ben has probably left about 5 or 6 more TD's off the board so far this season because of his inaccuracy and missing wide open guys in the end zone...

Thread Information