Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injuries Today ; Polamalu concussion symptoms, Legursky dislocated toe

Bookmark and Share
    I.e: bell rung!

Veteran
    Quote:
    Coach Mike Tomlin described it as "concussion-like symptoms,'' and not a concussion.

Honestly, BRC, I take that with a grain of salt. Anytime they call it a concussion, it automatically trips a certain protocol with certain downtime, recovery, etc. Just because Tomlin didn't call it a concussion doesn't mean it's not one. We'll see how he responds later in the week. I'd say he's questionable (at best) right now for next week.

I hope Troy plays, I'm flying out to the Arizona game!

I think he just got his bell rung, didn't look like a concussion to me.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

i think his own team mate wacked him in the head to hard for a good play... i cant remember who, but they did..

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    i think his own team mate wacked him in the head to hard for a good play... i cant remember who, but they did..
    Clark...

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Clark...
    That was really really stupid on Clark's part doing something like that. Clark has been doing a lot of stupid things this year it seems like in terms of committing late hits after plays are over and costing the Steelers valuable yardage...

--- Added 10/17/2011 at 09:57 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Doug Legursky goes down today, Essex has to come in. The next up in line had someone else gone down would have been Jamon Meredith. Gilbert was already out, J. Scott was in him and Legs was in for Kemoeatu. Tomlin has got to realize sooner or later you have to start dressing more than 7 offensive lineman. He's living on borrowed time.

Now you can say that maybe they don't have enough healthy bodies to dress more guys but at this point you might consider activating some PS players. Hopefully Kemo will be back next week, although it's rumored he'll miss one more game. If Gilbert can get back and Legs can tape up that toe we might be able to manage.

The injuries are just crushing this team right now, the depth is being tested like we haven't seen in a long time. Can it hold up? only time will tell.
    The injuries and the depth of the team will really be tested the next 3-4 games here with the Pats,Ravens,and Bengals all due up 3 weeks in a row. Hopefully we are able to survive an injury free week and game in Zona next Sunday and get some of these offensive and defensive lineman back in time for the Pats and Ravens game. Any chance that Jame Harrison will be back by the Ravens game or do you think the Steelers will error on the side of caution and rest him and bring him back after the bye at the end of November?? Personally, I think if Harrison is out longer it put him in better shape for the stretch run and the playoffs as we head into late November and early December. Although I would love to see him come back in time for the Baltimore game...

My Mood
    Addicted

Polamalu Concussion Update

Strong safety Troy Polamalu made one of the plays of the game Sunday for the Steelers, then left for good because of concussion-like symptoms.
    Polamalu injured himself while taking out the legs of Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew on third-and-1 with 9 minutes, 36 seconds left in the game.

The injury is not believed to be serious, and coach Mike Tomlin said after the 17-13 win that the Steelers held out Polamalu because they "wanted to err on the side of caution."
    Polamalu, who stopped Jones-Drew short of a first down, did not address the media after the game.

>> Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 12 of 23 passes for 200 yards, admittedly did not have his most accurate game. He said the swirling winds may have been an issue. "I have to make the necessary adjustments to purely focus on driving the ball and spinning it through the wind," he said. "When it is blowing, you have to put a lot of spin on the ball, and I wasn't doing that. It is something that I can easily change."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...edium=referral

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Love
    Good news. Hope he makes it Az. Thanks for posting.

Thread Information