Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor vs asomugha

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ike was bound to have an off game. His off games though are generally better than most CB's in the NFL, even our own roster. Taylor will bounce back next week, I'm sure he'll work extra hard this week and put this one behind him.

My Mood
    Devilish
    believe it or not, i do hope youre right. i know i dont sound like it sometimes but i really hope they can pull things together. ive said it before, Ike isnt a BAD CB, i just dont think he's as good as a lot of people seem to think. and we need to win. yes i did say "need". i know its a bit early for that kind of statement but with the flat play of late against some , lets face it, less than stellar teams...

i have to admit, the NE game, and brady in particular, terrifies me. if the secondary can even keep that game close i will feel better about things. i guess ive just seen us get so badly burned so many times by the likes of brady and manning especially in the playoffs and more specifically in the AFC champ game, that im a little gun shy about it. if we cant keep it close against teams like them then, barring some kind of miracle, we really have no chance to get back to the big one.

I'd take Revis over Ike.....not NA.

Rookie Free Agent
    Ike Taylor gets balls throw his way more often. These stats are very misleading. Not sayig Ike Taylor isn't an elite CB because he def is.
    http://www.FromThisSeat.com/index.ph...burgh-steelers
    "Tell Us About Your Seats at Heinz Field"

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    again, when brady faces them we'll see.
    ok brady fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    ok brady fanboy
    Its not the players who need to step up with NE its our defensive game plan.

we try to stop the big plays... which we do. but brady is a champion at first downs with 2 yard pass plays and yards after catch.. our CB's are usually 10+ yards off the line..

if we dont change that game plan. we will lose.

Or ben will need to keep up with brady and the last team with the balll wins.
    But if we put goose eggs up in any qtr.. which is an arians trademark.. we will lose.

We need to have a special NE game plan ready on offense and defense to beat these rivals.

i still cant believe brady and this offense plays the same game week in week out. And no DC has figured out how to stop them.. its really been years of the same offense...
    they are actually boring to watch... its timed like a monkey in a cage.. back and forth, up and down.. no one can stop them..

My Mood
    Devilish
    ok brady fanboy
    oh im sorry, am i supposed to say something like "Brady sucks"?

he is arguably the best QB in the NFL, pardon me for being a realist rather than pulling the black and gold wool over my eyes like some others i could mention.

blind faith is NOT a virtue. nor is discounting your opponents abilities. especially when that same opponent has made you look silly about 90% of the times youve faced them. no, wait, its actually 85.71%. the brady led pats have beaten the steelers 6 of the 7 times theyve played, two of which were AFC champ games and the only time we've beaten the pats with brady in the game was back in 04.

feel free to close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and "LALALALALA" all you want. it doesnt change a damn thing. when brady comes to town, the steelers would do well to remember history rather than ignore it.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    oh im sorry, am i supposed to say something like "Brady sucks"?

he is arguably the best QB in the NFL, pardon me for being a realist rather than pulling the black and gold wool over my eyes like some others i could mention.

blind faith is NOT a virtue. nor is discounting your opponents abilities. especially when that same opponent has made you look silly about 90% of the times youve faced them. no, wait, its actually 85.71%. the brady led pats have beaten the steelers 6 of the 7 times theyve played, two of which were AFC champ games and the only time we've beaten the pats with brady in the game was back in 04.

feel free to close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and "LALALALALA" all you want. it doesnt change a damn thing. when brady comes to town, the steelers would do well to remember history rather than ignore it.
    no your not suppose to say brady sucks cause he doesn't but as a Steelers fan remain optomistic even when it doesn't look good it's called routing for your favorite team back when were cheating they beat us but let me guess you don't think they cheated?I'm sorry i live in New England and all i hear is how great Brady is but he has lost in the playoffs 4 years running. So excuse me if i don't want to hear how great Brady is in a Steelers forum .
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-18-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: i will remain

My Mood
    Devilish
    no your not suppose to say brady sucks cause he doesn't but as a Steelers fan we sould remain optomistic even when it doesn't look good it's called routing for your favorite team back when were cheating yhey beat us but let me guess you don't think they cheated?
    "back when they were cheating"? LOL yeah, thats how they beat us. didnt have ANYthing to do with brady's precision, didnt have ANYthing to do with our secondary leaking like a sieve, nor had it anything to do with not being able to get to the QB. its because they cheated. obviously.

you can root for your team without being optimistic. you dont have to think your team is going to win to hope they will and you dont have to completely ignore all evidence to the contrary. is it possible the steelers win? sure, if we can keep brady on his *** and force turnovers then most assuredly. but not only do we usually have a problem with that vs the pats, this year we can barely get a turnover vs ANYone, so unless something drastic happens i just dont see it as very likely.

[ninja edit]I'm sorry i live in New England and all i hear is how great Brady is but he has lost in the playoffs 4 years running. So excuse me if i don't want to hear how great Brady is in a Steelers forum .
    ha can afford to lose in the playoffs for 4 years running. he's got 3 rings. as for what you do and dont want to hear, that really isnt my concern. i couldnt care less what you want to hear. i neither require nor desire your approval. im a realist. i call it as i see it. period. if you dont like it, too bad. i have a feeling youll (eventually) get over it.
    Last edited by Deviouz1; 10-18-2011 at 08:11 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    as do i fan boy

Thread Information