Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you changed your gameday regimen?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Have you changed your gameday regimen?

Something fun to talk about amidst all the Oline, gameplanning, defense, linebacker, talk that's been all the rage for us Steelers fans.

A good many of us have a gameday ritual or regimen that we go through every time the Steelers are on. Have you changed it up this year to help turn the tide of the Steelers season? Are you sticking with what works hoping it will come through in the end?

Incidentally, what is your gameday routine?

Draft Pick
    Funny you should ask. I always wear the same Steelers T-shirt and jersey to work on Fridays at the start of the season and then another combo for game day. So in order to "change" the luck of their playing, last week I switched to a new game day combo and they kicked butt. I of course predicted a Tennessee win as well. This week I 'm sticking with the same game day combo as last week. AFC black t-shirt and my Ben throwback jersey. I think I have finally found something that works. Of course my Friday attire will remain all season. It's weird how we have our little quirks, but without them, we wouldn't be the best fans in football!

I'm not shaving from Friday-Sunday, I'm doing a morning workout before the game and I have turned my lucky hat around.

I was the reason the Steelers beat the Titans.

I now brush my teeth on gamedays...

But I still have to stop the gas pump on a players number!!

6 shakes instead of my normal 100.. lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    But I still have to stop the gas pump on a players number!!
    Haha, I actually do that too! Like if it stops at $23.41, I'll try to stop it at $.43 for Troy. Then if I miss that I try to make my next favorite player. Keisel is usually my last resort, lol.

I usually go to my Dad's house, since I live in Indiana and he has Sunday Ticket.

I tried wearing a Steelers t-shirt, instead of my jersey, after the Ratbirds game and that seems to be working so far. I also always wear the Steelers lanyard that I hold my tickets in when I go to Pittsburgh for games.

My dad wears one of his many, many jerseys and his black construction hat with the Steelers symbol.
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 10-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

I feel bad for you guys having to pump your own gas sucks.

I don't have any rituals, every week is different.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Haha, I actually do that too! Like if it stops at $23.41, I'll try to stop it at $.43 for Troy. Then if I miss that I try to make my next favorite player. Keisel is usually my last resort, lol..
    Same thing with hockey! I'm too cheap to fill all the way up so Mendy and Redman have been the man! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    last sunday i broke out the ben jersey from it's one year hiatus. i also switched my choice of pre-game meal. i went with the very simple, turkey, ham, and swiss cheese sandwich. worked out really well.

doing it again this week. like crash davis said, you never f**k with a winning streak. yeah, it's one game but it a streak.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Manic
    True story, last week was the first week i was able to access my lucky Steelers hard hat (for the full story of the hardhat see my steelers addict profile interview but how kickass is that the very game i get my hat the play like last year

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Wow! And I thought I was wacked!! LOL. I cant even begin to explain my rituals but yes Ive switched them up this season.

I've been freaking out a bit this week because my leather steelers bracelet broke. If we lose it's on me.
    Love the gas pump thing. Same thing here. I'll even risk over filling just to get to a steeler number.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information