Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A turning point in the season kind of win today for the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

A turning point in the season kind of win today for the Steelers...

I had been saying all week that the Steelers really needed to win these next 3 games against the Titans Jags and Cardinals the next 3 weeks before the Patriots and Ravens come to town at the end of the month and the way the Steelers won this game today with a great offensive performance by Ben and the running game and o line and the way the defense played in this game shutting down Johnson and containing Hasselbeck who had been playing extremely well coming into this game and to do with so many key starters out makes it that much more satisfying of a win. It will now definitely give the Steelers a ton of confidence back as they head into two games the next 2 weeks with the Jags and Cardinals who have been playing terrible as of lately that they both should be able to win. 5-2 going into the Pats and Ravens games after this win today against the Titans is definitely looking alot more doable as we sit here now. Overall the Steelers keep pace with the Ravens who are on their bye week and have a very tough game with Houston next week. The Bengals as well as I had mentioned earlier in the week are not out of this race yet and continue to find ways to win games beating the Jags today on the road. The Bengals have the Colts next week at home and could easily win that game and push their record to 4-2. So as Ive been saying here the Bengals are in this AFC North race for the time being and dont appear to be going away so they are a team the Steelers need to keep pace with and keep winning games at this point as well to either stay tied with them or ahead of them until the play them in about 5 weeks in mid November before their bye week.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers have 4 of the next 5 at home starting with today. This is a monster part of the schedule they are heading into and these next 2 games have got to be wins, no question. I'll be happy if they split between the Ravens and Patriots quite honestly but I prefer them win both obviously. Just win the next 2, get to 5-2 and then lets see what they got.

2nd String
    I am positive, but one game a turning point does not make. If they continue to play this well, even with a loss next week, I would agree today was a turning point.

Today felt like the first game this year that they wanted to prove something, and they did. Hopefully it continues.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    It's far too soon to tell. As we look back, this very well may be a turning point in the season, but then again, I thought we had turned it around against Seattle.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's a turning point for the team right now, heading into week 6. There was no way they could afford to lose this game and still be able to call themselves a contender. It was a statement game, one that they knew they had to make. There was never any sense of panic in the Steelers locker room but there was concern.

This game starts a stretch of home games that are extremely important. Was it a turning point for the season? We'll have to wait and see but it sure was needed nonetheless.

I hope this is a turning point. This season has fooled me up to until now. I thought they would start way better than they did. I never felt like they turned it around against the Seahawks - they should have put up a lot more points than they did and the game just didn't feel right. Today they played like I thought they were capable of.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Plus this game was a huge huge conference win as well when it comes to tiebrakers in the AFC playoff picture down the line and such. The Steelers now own the head to head tiebraker over the Titans and also beat a team that beat the Ravens which is good if the Steelers Ravens come down to common opponents as their tiebraker since they are so close in the standings. Im telling everybody again though dont sleep on the Bengals just yet in this division. They are 3-2 and 3-1 in the AFC and have Indy and Seattle on their schedule the next 2 weeks. They could easily win both of those games and be sitting here at 5-2 still tied with the Steelers come the end of October.

I love how freaky we all get when we score over 35+ POINTS...

This team should score 30+ a game every week, tomlin needs to keep his boot up arians a$$...

Keep this momentum going.... then fire arians a get a real OC next year.

Before this game, I said it. I thought this was the perfect game for this team to come out and fire on all cylinders to gain some confidence and start working as a unit. While there were still several mistakes, they looked like a different team.

Thread Information