Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind Enemy Lines - Jacksonville Jaguars

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    They can't even fill their stadium to sell out capacity...it's hard to blame them though..that coaching staff has been fielding a subpar group for years.
    Can we say LA Jags?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't believe it hasn't happened yet man. I think last year it was they were this close to leaving Jacksonville. That state is so flooded with sports teams, it's no wonder. Add to the fact that they suck and those poor die hard Jags fans can't catch a break, lol.

All I know is we better leave no doubt about this game; if they are depressed now about their team we don't to make them any happier on Sunday.

My Mood
    Addicted
    ^^ that's hilarious.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    LOL I know right, he actually hung up on the interview! He must have been having a real bad day...hell if I was him I would have been recording that phone call and then playing it back to the team as motivation.LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    LOL I know right, he actually hung up on the interview! He must have been having a real bad day...hell if I was him I would have been recording that phone call and then playing it back to the team as motivation.LOL
    I'm sure they'll hear a recording of it.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Manic
    It will be important to crush them early no mercy run up the score everytime we can we need to stop Drew and force Gabbert to throw

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is apparently getting some significant attention from the NFL and of course the media is running with it.

Again, in Tomlin's defense, he doesn't want to talk about what happened 4 years ago. Still though, I would say it's rather rude to just hang up without atleast saying; "ok guys thank you for your time, if we don't have anything else on this current game, I'll drop from the call now"

My Mood
    Devilish
    i dig it. if youve got nothing useful to say, dont waste my time. i think the media should be treated like this more often.

My Mood
    Addicted
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp9431

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin didn't like a persistent line of questioning during a conference call with Jacksonville reporters this week, so he hung up on them.

Tomlin refused to comment on a controversial call in his team's playoff loss to the Jags in 2008. When reporters kept at it, Tomlin ended the call.

On her blog at Jackonsville.com, Tania Ganguli explains the testy relationship Jaguars' beat writers have had with Tomlin. It's something "he's laughed about with us in the past," she writes.

Ganguli then explains how on Wednesday, Associated Press reporter Mark Long asked the Steelers coach what he remembered in the team's 2008 playoff loss to Jacksonville. Tomlin said he didn't remember much, other than David Garrard(notes) converting a fourth-down draw play. Since it revealed months after the game that officials missed a crucial holding call, Long followed up by asking whether Tomlin sent the play to the league office. That's where we'll pick up Ganguli's tale:

"Why would I?"

Wasn't there a questionable non-call on that play? Holding?

"Guys, come on man. I'm not going to cry over four-year-old spilled milk. Anybody got any legitimate questions? Goll-lly," Tomlin said, clearly perturbed.

We chuckled, but Tomlin didn't. So Long tried to explain it was a big game from a Jacksonville standpoint and that's why he was asking.

"Guys, that was four years ago," Tomlin said. "I understand that might have been a big game in Jacksonville but that's old news. Many of those guys are no longer here and definitely many of the guys that were in Jacksonville are no longer there. Anybody got any questions relative to this week?"

Three seconds passed and Vito began to ask a question, but Tomlin jumped in before he could finish his question.

"Thank you, have a good one."

Click.

Some have criticized Tomlin for the hang up. Not us, though. A reporter was trying to bait the coach into saying something controversial, Tomlin didn't fall for the trap, responded politely, used the words "goll-lly" and tried to move on before getting nothing and hanging up with a "thank you."
    He didn't just hang up. There was some sort of a "good-bye" given.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 10-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Thread Information