Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we know more than an NFL coach?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's a two edged sword being a fan. We think we know a lot, and many of us do, however as Steeldad said we see them only as players. Honestly I think if the coaches thought like that sometimes, to a degree, we'd have a better chance of seeing young guys get on the field in place of aging veterans.

It seems like Tomlin is happy with Starks at LT now so we should be good there. I'm anxious to see what happens with the running backs.
    Nothing will happen with the running back Mendenhall is the starter until he show a drop off in ability like Parker did . Willie slowed down. Mendy hasn't slowed down if mendy played against the titans he would of had 150 yrds

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Nothing will happen with the running back Mendenhall is the starter until he show a drop off in ability like Parker did . Willie slowed down. Mendy hasn't slowed down if mendy played against the titans he would of had 150 yrds
    Willie never slowed down. He was soft. Couldn't hit the holes. Didn't pick up and yards after contact. Remind you of anyone...

The jets fans are talking about firing Schottenheimer as OC.. Last year Schottenheimer was the greatest strategist of all time...

I think Sanchez is the whole problem.. I would like to pick up schottenheimer if the jets follow thruogh and fire schottenheimer.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    The jets fans are talking about firing Schottenheimer as OC.. Last year Schottenheimer was the greatest strategist of all time...

I think Sanchez is the whole problem.. I would like to pick up schottenheimer if the jets follow thruogh and fire schottenheimer.
    The Sanchize is the problem? Puh-lease. Greatest QB ever to play the game.*

*According to Jets fans only.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Never? Wow, not even after all of Bill's disappointing losses, especially in home AFC championship games where he had a more talented team? Years of his stubbornness sticking with #10 when the entire world knew he wasn't any good at QB? His total collapse in his final year?
    Okay, I lied! I hated when Cowher put Bettis the AFCCG, after he had been out for weeks, which dictated a complete change of offensive game plan from what had been working. And I hated what Cowher did in his last off season/year when he was always preaching "keep your business out of our locker room"

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this post just ooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzes homerism

here let me join.....WOOOO STEEEELLEEERRRSSS rah rah smashmount football, go 70s, 6 rings, id never argue with the royal rooneys

you dont have to get paid to have a great football mind....i dont think id be too great at the x's and o's but i absoultely know what im talking about when it comes to personnell and talent quality
    Sorry, I didn't catch your name; which NFL team do you scout for? I'm as far from a homer as it gets but I am not the guy to criticize success and the Steelers have been the most successful sports franchise since the merger in 1970. Are you one of the new-wave kids who think the NFL is all about passing and defense is a thing of the past?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Okay, I lied! I hated when Cowher put Bettis the AFCCG, after he had been out for weeks, which dictated a complete change of offensive game plan from what had been working. And I hated what Cowher did in his last off season/year when he was always preaching "keep your business out of our locker room"

Sorry, I didn't catch your name; which NFL team do you scout for? I'm as far from a homer as it gets but I am not the guy to criticize success and the Steelers have been the most successful sports franchise since the merger in 1970. Are you one of the new-wave kids who think the NFL is all about passing and defense is a thing of the past?
    And here we go....

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Jerome Bettis gave way to Willie Parker who gave way to Rashard Mendenhall who will eventually give way to someone else. Maybe it's Redman, maybe it will be Dwyer, who knows. Hopefully Tomlin learned his lesson with that whole "run till the wheels fall off" mentality with running backs but we'll have to wait and see.

For what it's worth, nobody is criticizing the success of the Steelers over the years, you simply can't argue that. However, they can and do criticize the missed opportunities because of coaches having to do things "their way". Whether it's hanging on to veterans too long, or sticking to a game plan that doesn't work, the Steelers have had the talent over the last 2 decades to potentially have one atleast 2-3 more super bowls. However due to a number of issues either at QB or coaching they couldn't make it happen.

We have 6 Lombardi's, more than anyone, ever...but I shutter to think how many more we could have had.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Jerome Bettis gave way to Willie Parker who gave way to Rashard Mendenhall who will eventually give way to someone else. Maybe it's Redman, maybe it will be Dwyer, who knows. Hopefully Tomlin learned his lesson with that whole "run till the wheels fall off" mentality with running backs but we'll have to wait and see.

For what it's worth, nobody is criticizing the success of the Steelers over the years, you simply can't argue that. However, they can and do criticize the missed opportunities because of coaches having to do things "their way". Whether it's hanging on to veterans too long, or sticking to a game plan that doesn't work, the Steelers have had the talent over the last 2 decades to potentially have one atleast 2-3 more super bowls. However due to a number of issues either at QB or coaching they couldn't make it happen.

We have 6 Lombardi's, more than anyone, ever...but I shutter to think how many more we could have had.
    Maybe, but don't you think that fans of over half the teams can claim similar shoulda-woulda-coulda stuff? Of all the teams fans we should know how difficult it is to repeat in todays NFL where it's more about "the show" than the game of football.

But either way, I will concentrate my second guessing to our weakest link (BA) until we fix it. Then maybe I'll move to the next weakest link

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh sure, the woulda coulda shoulda scenario could apply to a handful of teams over the last 2 decades. I was referring to how consistent the Steelers have been and how close they came so many times (see the thread stickied Steelers through 2010). The AFC Championship games, playoff appearances, winning records, and Super Bowls is quite impressive as we know. Not many teams are consistent every year. Besides us you could say the Patriots, perhaps Baltimore, and Indy in the AFC.

Duke of 531
    coaches who make decisions based on the fans opinions, will soon be sitting in the stands with those fans...i love how a player can have a good game or two and all of a sudden the bandwagon jumpers want to anoint them as the second coming of some hall of famer, only to have the said player fall apart the next game and then these same idiots treat them like a dog pile...just like in denver where the fans were livid when they drafted tebow and now these same POS are chanting for him en masse....three tough games and they will be ready to feed him to the lions...fairweather fans

Thread Information