Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Redman be the feature back or does Rashard get his job back?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hell no.

i love dwyer though, the dude put on a significant amount of weight since he was at GT and just rumbles and has some decent quicks on him.

i still loathe redman though, he did nothing to change that on sunday. hes very average
    If any one "rumbles", it's Redman. I love his unwillingness to go down after first contact **cough Willie, Mendy cough** and his ability to always gain that extra yard or two...or three. He's very tough to bring down. Redman isn't the fastest or biggest, but he has a ton of heart.

I also like Dwyer alot too, I have for awhile. He has great instincts and real potential; plus he tossed me an autographed hat after the ATL preseason game.

I agree that Mendy should get his job back, as he has the most natural talent of the three. Mendy is great at times, then he has you pulling your hair out. It would be great to see Mendy, Redmen, and Dwyer get equal workloads.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    If any one "rumbles", it's Redman. I love his unwillingness to go down after first contact **cough Willie, Mendy cough** and his ability to always gain that extra yard or two...or three. He's very tough to bring down. Redman isn't the fastest or biggest, but he has a ton of heart.

I also like Dwyer alot too, I have for awhile. He has great instincts and real potential; plus he tossed me an autographed hat after the ATL preseason game.

I agree that Mendy should get his job back, as he has the most natural talent of the three. Mendy is great at times, then he has you pulling your hair out. It would be great to see Mendy, Redmen, and Dwyer get equal workloads.
    I totally agree and couldn't have said it any better!
    :logospin:

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I think its BS if he could have played later he should have been able to play earlier.

IMO I would tell them that thier both getting snaps, but Mendy is on a short leash

--- Added 10/11/2011 at 06:29 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post

RUMBLE AND FUMBLE Redman and Mendy

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

mendenhall is not even close to being the notorious fumbler a lot of you make him out to be.

the hype around redman really kinda makes me feel ill

My Mood
    Impatient
    Ok, he averaged 3.3 yards per carry with Starks instead of Scott. Someone please explain to be how that is "great yards after initial contact" or "better than Mendy" or "a rumbler." I dont mean any disrespect, but how is that so much better. Even Moore is averaging better than that, yet I dont hear anyone saying Moore should be our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Ok, he averaged 3.3 yards per carry with Starks instead of Scott. Someone please explain to be how that is "great yards after initial contact" or "better than Mendy" or "a rumbler." I dont mean any disrespect, but how is that so much better. Even Moore is averaging better than that, yet I dont hear anyone saying Moore should be our starter.
    he was less than average. thanks for actually watching him play

I'm not sure who your quoting on "better than Mendy", since I never said that and I didn't see anyone else say that, but I'll address the other quotes that were from me.

Great yards after initial contact means that after he is hit initially, he fights for more yards. I'm sure you already knew this, but hey, you said explain it to you. Unlike some other RBs I've seen in the black and gold backfield, Redman gets hit and almost never goes backwards or down where he is contacted. He always fights for that extra yard, which is sometimes all that matters. Proof is in the film, go look. I don't get how you can watch a game on Sunday and say that Redman doesn't have good yards after initial contact. He is almost always dragging a few for defenders a few more yards.

He is a "rumbler" because he plows forward and doesn't dance around the hole and try to juke and spin behind the line of scrimmage. I like Mendy but he does a lot of this and often goes nowhere, Parker often did the same thing. Redman hits the hole and drags people with him. He doesn't have a lot of big gains, so comparing his average to Mendy and Moore is useless. They are competently different types of backs. Moore comes in late and usually has a pretty decent run or two. Mendy gets stopped at the line five times, then has a 15 yard run, helping his average. Redmen truly gets his 3-4 yards a carry.

Anyway, I like all of our backs. And I'm very excited to see Mendy, Redman, and Dwyer get more time together. I don't think Redman is "beter than Mendy" or that he should be the starter, go back and read my post. I do however, think Redman has a role that he fills very well. To each his own. Go Steelers.
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 10-12-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Fight
    I don't believe in stats most the time but if you want to use stats here you go...looks to me Redman is the better RB even recieving.
    Either way you go stats or pure seeing on field ability Redman is looking like the better option, Redman lacks speed and that is all mendy has other than a FLOP move.

Redman stats for the year
    ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
    37 156 4.2 20 1 11 5 30 6.0 12 0 0 0

Mendy stats
    ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
    58 173 3.0 23 2 10 5 21 4.2 8 0 1 1

Alot of people want Redman to fall on his face...atleast we'll know he's falling forward.haha
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

If you watched the game with Redman in there, it is a different energy he brings to the table. There was about 4 plays were he was stopped and then he pushed forward for another 3-4 yards. As you saw what he can bring energy wise also, look at what happened in the Houston game. It was a complete different running game. He blocks well also which is a plus. The guy is a tough runner, when he has a defender coming to tackle him he doesnt shy away, he squares up and lowers his pads. You hardly ever see Mendenhall do this.

Thing is Mendenhall is a pu**y and Redman is a lot tougher

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thread Information