Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Redman be the feature back or does Rashard get his job back?

Bookmark and Share
    Honestly, I'd like to see equal attempts by Mendenhall, Redman and Dwyer; the running back by committee approach. They each have a different style and the thing is, Mendenhall is a good running back. Let's see what he can do with some improved blocking and play calling before he's relegated to the bench.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Honestly, I'd like to see equal attempts by Mendenhall, Redman and Dwyer; the running back by committee approach. They each have a different style and the thing is, Mendenhall is a good running back. Let's see what he can do with some improved blocking and play calling before he's relegated to the bench.
    This is a great point!

However, it assumes BA has changed his stripes!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Mendy wont lose his spot cause of an injury. I want Redman to start and said that all along, but it wont happen. Mendy is gonna be the starter no matter what. I just think that Red will get more carries and dwyer also. Imho.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Joker View Post
    Something else I noticed and maybe some of you did too. When the CBS camera's were on Mendenhall at various times during the game when the offense was on the field, not once did I see him cheering on the team or talking to the other backs.

He was cheering. At one point I seen him give Redman a pound after a decent run. No starter should ever lose their job to an injury.But I do think Redman should get more reps more like a thunder and Lightning combo.
    Does the name Tommy Maddox ring a bell

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I used to be of the thinking that a starter should not lose his job just because of injury. However in today's NFL, things just happen. If you go down with an injury and miss significant time, and your backup comes in and plays well, plays better than what you did then you have to atleast consider the fact that perhaps the backup should get the lion's share of the playtime.

It doesn't mean you forget about the previous starter, but maybe you begin to split the game time between the 2 players more evenly than what you did. This is a what have you done for me lately league, just because you were good before doesn't mean you're guaranteed a job no matter what.
    I'm reminded of a situation in New England a few years ago. Bledsoe and Brady. Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    I'm reminded of a situation in New England a few years ago. Bledsoe and Brady. Hmm?
    Bledsoe was also a qb who was old, on the backend of his career. Mendenhall to some has alot more upside, coming off a couple seasons off of a 1000 yards when healthy,and still young.

Draft Pick
    He was only 29 yrs. old. Same age as Ben is now. I'll give you the possiblity of him being on the backened of his career, but 29 is by no means old for a QB.

they should both be in the backfield together. mendy/redman redman/dwyer

Saunders as TE and bench 85

oh and fire arians...

hell no.

i love dwyer though, the dude put on a significant amount of weight since he was at GT and just rumbles and has some decent quicks on him.

i still loathe redman though, he did nothing to change that on sunday. hes very average

It's Mendenhall's job, but I think he has to realize that there was some success without him in there and he will have to stop tip toeing up to the LOS. Redman didn't run great, but he ran hard and got some dirty yards. JD ran well too, but I have to believe if Mendy was in there when the Steelers ran 22 Double and JD got his 76 yard gain, Mendy would have taken it to the house.

Now, 3 games from now, Mendy has not played, and the Redman was averaging 110 YPG, that's a different story, but this is a flash in the pan and it's good to know the Steelers have legit depth at RB. Most teams in the NFL can't say that.

--- Added 10/11/2011 at 05:44 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    He was only 29 yrs. old. Same age as Ben is now. I'll give you the possiblity of him being on the backened of his career, but 29 is by no means old for a QB.
    Agreed, Ben realistically has between 6 and 9 more years of good football in him - that is if he can live that long.

Thread Information