Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats the chance Redman keeps the starting job?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    although looking at Mendy vs Redman when it looks like the play has stopped Redman will still pop thru the pack and get another yard or 2..Mendy lays down and the play ends... __________________

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Steelers have got to consider dressing Dwyer a lot more after the way he performed yesterday when given the opportunity. He got his chance and proved himself and for that in my opinion he deserves to dress more often and get more touches and opportunities as we move forward here...Redman at this point is the better RB over Mendy and should be the starter until further notice. He gives the running game a spark and is a better fit to run behind this type of offensive line since all Mendenhall does half the time is dance when he gets the hand-off...

Mendy will, and should, get his job back once he's healthy. He has had some trouble this year, but Mendy is still a talented running back. I would prefer to see Redmen get ALOT more time though, he certainly deserves it.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I was disappointed with Mendy didnt even seem like he was rooting for us. No emotion when they showed him after the Dwyer run

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Mendy will, and should, get his job back once he's healthy. He has had some trouble this year, but Mendy is still a talented running back. I would prefer to see Redmen get ALOT more time though, he certainly deserves it.
    Absolutely! If the o-line can open some holes for Mendy he is the back more likely to get significant yardage. I love Redman's head-down straight forward approach. He is truly a 3yds and a cloud of dust kind of runner. Dwyer had one great run through a hole I could have run through but he absolutely made the most of it. In short, its the o-line we need to compliment our 3 good runners but Mendy is still the best we have.
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Erhm. There is a difference between strength and running violently. Mendenhall is significantly stronger than both Dwyer and Redman though he does not wrong as violent as Redman at least. Dwyer is rather so-so. At times he runs into the pile and other times he dances on the line. I mean.. Dwyer benched 15 at the combine whereas Mendenhall benched 26. I cant seem to find any information about Redman (since he was not invited to the combine and did not lift on his proday apparently), but I'm guessing he benched around 20-25.
    Looks like how much they can bench at the combine doesn't relate to how strong they are when pushing the pile. Imagine that.

It's all mental. Mendenhalls running style is not to push the pile, he needs to get smacked upside the head and told he better learn how to grind out some tough yards. Do it or play less.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    It's all mental. Mendenhalls running style is not to push the pile, he needs to get smacked upside the head and told he better learn how to grind out some tough yards. Do it or play less.
    Mendenhall's running style is to see the pile and surrender.

After the way some of these young guys play, I hope they earned the right to at least see the field more frequently if they did not earn the starting job. We all know what Mendenhall is capable of, but he simply is not contributing this year. Maybe some time to look at the tape of Redman and Dwyer to see how to run behind this o-line can help him out.

There's no way I would give up on Mendenhall at this point, but there's no way I think he deserves the get the majority of rushes at this point, either. I'm thinking running back by committee is the way for this team to succeed.

Thread Information