Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the chance Redman keeps the starting job?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    There's a difference between a guy having the potential to be the best back on the team and actually being the best back on the team. Right now he isn't close.

Dwyer is the most talented runningback on this team. The only reason he shouldn't start now is because he obviously doesn't know hot to pass block properly at the level we need. But that is the ONLY reason.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dwyer is the most talented runningback on this team. The only reason he shouldn't start now is because he obviously doesn't know hot to pass block properly at the level we need. But that is the ONLY reason.
    I'd love, LOVE, some of whatever you are on.

My Mood
    Manic
    dwyer is not the most talented back . in fact i contend that if mendenhall hit the same hole on his 72 yd run mendy would have scored cause he is faster and stronger . Mendenhall only dances when there is no hole next week he will prove me right. Dwyer ONLY PROVED THAT IF YOUR O-LINE BLOCKS ANYONE CAN HAVE A100 YD GAME

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    dwyer is not the most talented back . in fact i contend that if mendenhall hit the same hole on his 72 yd run mendy would have scored cause he is faster and stronger . Mendenhall only dances when there is no hole next week he will prove me right. Dwyer ONLY PROVED THAT IF YOUR O-LINE BLOCKS ANYONE CAN HAVE A100 YD GAME
    I said the exact same thing.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mendenhall is definitely not stronger than Redman or Dwyer. Faster, yes. But what good does being fast do if you can't find any holes to begin with?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Wow, all Dwyer does is make big plays and get chunks of yards. Not sure why some of you guys dont give him any respect. I can remember watching Parker when he first got to Pittsburgh tearing up preseason the same way Dwyer does. I like Redman but he missed a few cuts today that would have made for great runs. Mendenhall is still a stud. The back I would like to see get more of a look is Dwyer. it was sure nice to see the Steelers play with a little fire today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    Don't know if was just me but, Mendy was looking a little nervous on the sideline today.
    Mendy was nervous, he was watching his team play a short pass game and open up the run lanes. he wanted to run too. after 4 weeks of crappy arians game plans, tomlin must of kicked arians butt this week.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Yea I agree here too...although looking at Mendy vs Redman when it looks like the play has stopped Redman will still pop thru the pack and get another yard or 2..Mendy lays down and the play ends...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

It took a ride on the bench to wake Mendy up the first time. He knows Tomlin will sit his *** again and he is nervous and that is good for production in my opinion.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Mendenhall is definitely not stronger than Redman or Dwyer. Faster, yes. But what good does being fast do if you can't find any holes to begin with?
    Erhm. There is a difference between strength and running violently. Mendenhall is significantly stronger than both Dwyer and Redman though he does not wrong as violent as Redman at least. Dwyer is rather so-so. At times he runs into the pile and other times he dances on the line. I mean.. Dwyer benched 15 at the combine whereas Mendenhall benched 26. I cant seem to find any information about Redman (since he was not invited to the combine and did not lift on his proday apparently), but I'm guessing he benched around 20-25.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information