Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heyward,Hoke,Hood>Smith,hampton,kiesel?

Bookmark and Share

Heyward,Hoke,Hood>Smith,hampton,kiesel?

If you guys had to go with a lineup would you pick Heyward,Hoke,Hood over Smith,Hampton,Kiesel? Im just trying to be realistic here. I know Hoke isnt a great NT but he was really impressive today off the ball.

I would have to say:

Hood>Smith
    Heyward=Kiesel
    Hampton>Hoke

This is as of right now THIS season. Don't let the past influence on what you would choose. Snack has been beaten of the ball so many times this year due to cut blocking and such but not every play is a cut block. I know Hoke had a really good game today but can he really do that all season long? Im not sure. But what front 3 would you guys go with.

Btw, after the performance today I think the dline has the best backups next to the wr's for sure after todays performance. Cancle out that opening run from Johnson. Id say the front 7 did well. Remember the LB's cant do there jobs without the guys upfront.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wouldn't go around saying all that. It's just a matter of keeping the old guys fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I wouldn't go around saying all that. It's just a matter of keeping the old guys fresh.
    I know, just wanted to bring it up as a topic, not trying to anything up here.

I would say Heyward - Hoke - Keisel right now, with Hood playing on obvious passing downs. Keisel is just rock solid. Hoke at least played with some kind of passion out there. Hampton is probably still the better player whenever he feels like being so. It just so happens that this has become a rare event.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really think Heyward showed flashes of beastness today.....He needs more reps for sure.......I do think Smith needs to be a backup at this point...I love Aaron Smith but he really has showed his age this season......Don't know what got into Hoke today but he played very well.....Hood will see playing time for sure....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Smith is having a rough year so far, he'll be the first to admit that. This defense is going to need all the guys this year. I like what Hood did today, he seems to be more at home on the left side.

I loved what I saw out of Cam Heyward, great power and quickness combined with a big motor.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hoke get some more reps as well. He was playing out of his mind today. Besides the Steelers are 16-1 when Hoke starts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Smith is having a rough year so far, he'll be the first to admit that. This defense is going to need all the guys this year. I like what Hood did today, he seems to be more at home on the left side.

I loved what I saw out of Cam Heyward, great power and quickness combined with a big motor.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hoke get some more reps as well. He was playing out of his mind today. Besides the Steelers are 16-1 when Hoke starts.
    Thing I really liked about heyward is when he forced the fumble he wasn't just content with that and celebrating. He jumped on the pile and started fighting for it. He really needs to get more playing time. He looked awesome in the limited time he played

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Rookie Free Agent
    its time for these overpriced old guys on the dline to perform or retire...can't be paying cashmoney for a 69 vette if it stalls in third gear and burns a quart of oil everytime.

Leave things alone Tomlin..

Did 97 get two sacks??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Leave things alone Tomlin..

Did 97 get two sacks??
    No, had a sack fumble though, I was pumped

Thread Information