Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A turning point in the season kind of win today for the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We'll look back at this game as the turning point if we take care of business moving forward. If the Steelers come out and allow themselves to get beat by a struggling Jaguars team, this win on Sunday will mean nothing.

Use this game as a jump point for the rest of the season; look at the film and see what worked and use that going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    We'll look back at this game as the turning point if we take care of business moving forward. If the Steelers come out and allow themselves to get beat by a struggling Jaguars team, this win on Sunday will mean nothing.

Use this game as a jump point for the rest of the season; look at the film and see what worked and use that going forward.

I agree, this game is water under the bridge... Time to take care of a team fighting for their life!!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    The Jags have no chance to come in here and win this week with a rookie QB starting if the Steelers play anything remotely close to the way they did against the Titans on Sunday. I know the Jags always historically play the Steelers tough. But this Jaguars team this season is not very good at all. They have lost games to both the Panthers and Bengals already this season both have rookie QB's starting and got blown out by the Jets on the road who have looked horrible the last 3 weeks. This game against the Jags should hopefully look somewhat similar to the game the Steelers played against the Seahawks here a month ago if they show up and play like they are capable of...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Jags have no chance to come in here and win this week with a rookie QB starting if the Steelers play anything remotely close to the way they did against the Titans on Sunday. I know the Jags always historically play the Steelers tough. But this Jaguars team this season is not very good at all. They have lost games to both the Panthers and Bengals already this season both have rookie QB's starting and got blown out by the Jets on the road who have looked horrible the last 3 weeks. This game against the Jags should hopefully look somewhat similar to the game the Steelers played against the Seahawks here a month ago if they show up and play like they are capable of...

I can still see Tyrone Carter getting juked right out of his cleats a number of years ago when Garrard faked him out near the end of the game when we had to have a stop. I take nothing for granted when it comes to these guys; they've made it a habit of beating us when they shouldn't.

While I agree there's no way they "should" beat us, I want to see the Steelers come out firing and take them out of the game before halftime.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I can still see Tyrone Carter getting juked right out of his cleats a number of years ago when Garrard faked him out near the end of the game when we had to have a stop. I take nothing for granted when it comes to these guys; they've made it a habit of beating us when they shouldn't.

While I agree there's no way they "should" beat us, I want to see the Steelers come out firing and take them out of the game before halftime.
    That's the key right there what you just said Matt is for the Steelers to come out and start fast in this game and get up by a good 10-14 points by the end of the first quarter. If that happens it will then take Jones Drew out of the running game for the Jags and force Gabbert to beat the Steelers throwing the ball playing from behind which is something he will not be able to do on the road in front of a tough Heinz Field crowd.

Was it a Monday night game when Brunnell pointed to the receiver and motioned on what pattern to run because the DB (Randy Fuller???) was in the back of the endzone and they were on the 10. Easiest TD pass ever.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Not looking past the Jags here, but the Steelers had better be awfully careful when preparing for the Cards. They are on a bye week, they know our offense and defensive tendancies pretty well. 2 mist win games for the Steelers heading into Baltimore and NE, but I am concerned about the Cards game, where the Steelers normally don't play great football.

And I agree, the Jags have no chance to bea the Steelers as long as the Steelers prep for them and don't overlook them.

Rookie Free Agent SteelCurtain17's Avatar
    This week was huge. They knew they were going to have to come out and prove themselves because people were already starting to give up on them. Then next 3 games should be wins, key word should. The Patriots and Ravens, like many, would prefer to have both be wins, but I'd take a split.
    Fan4Life

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That turning point game will be all for nothing if they let Jones Drew and the Jags beat them in a game they have no business losing. Jacksonville I think is last in the NFL in pass offense right now.

Thread Information