Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The trickeration Fake Punt; just what the doctor ordered

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I wouldn't say 5 course meal just yet. We're like a good appetizer and a big entree.
    Putting up 38 points, Ben 5 TD's, 174 yards rushing, thats pretty damn tasty!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Putting up 38 points, Ben 5 TD's, 174 yards rushing, thats pretty damn tasty!!
    Against the Titans

LOL nevermind...

You're the type that would ask for more if someone handed you a $ 100.00 bill!

My Mood
    Love
    That was a thing a beauty. Wasn't that absolutely beautiful?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    LOL nevermind...

You're the type that would ask for more if someone handed you a $ 100.00 bill!
    No, but I would definitely question the validity of it if it was a homeless man handing it to me.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 10-10-2011 at 01:35 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    The fake punt was beautifully executed and conceived but I'm going to be Debby Downer now... We have had two kicks blocked in two straight weeks and frankly, the Titans should have had the first extra point. We are not so good YET where we can continue to be that bad on ST and still win games. If that score counts, it's a 14-point game with 6+ minutes to go. Al Everest needs to shore up this issue ASAP.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Tremendous!!...Great to see a surprise play like that from the Steelers!!

It was unbearable watching the Bucs!

That entire game was cool. We shut down their run which wasn't an easy job then we pulled off the fake punt play and Redman came through with an awesome running game. We need to keep playing that old school type of Steeler football!
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Finally, the Steelers abandoned their unimaginative game plan Sunday. They thumbed through the playbook and dialed up a handful of gimmick plays that rocked the bewildered Tennessee Titans.

Antonio Brown raced for 10 yards on a flanker reverse. They inserted an offensive lineman as an eligible receiver.

But it was punter Daniel Sepulveda who delivered the game-changing, momentum-swinging blow. He tossed a 33-yard pass to defensive back Ryan Mundy on a fake punt early in the second quarter that helped propel the Steelers to a convincing 38-17 victory at Heinz Field on Sunday.

The Sepulveda-Mundy connection was the key play during an eight-play, 70-yard scoring drive that put the Steelers up, 14-3. Hines Ward capped the drive two plays later with his first of two touchdown receptions from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, a 7-yarder with 11:14 left in the first half.

"We weren't going to leave any bullets in the gun," said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. "I saw an opportunity there, and I took advantage of it."

The Steelers took advantage of a Tennessee team that tipped its hand. They stacked the box, practically daring the Steelers to audible on fourth-and-5 at midfield.
    "When they have an eight-man box and singling both gunners, that's a look they've shown when coming after the punter," said Sepulveda, whose pass gave the Steelers a first down at the Tennessee 17. "It was a film-study thing. They showed they like to come after the punt, and there are ways to get around that to take the pressure off."
    The Titans, who grabbed a 3-0 lead on their first possession, never recovered from Sepulveda's second career pass completion and Mundy's first reception.
    "I just had to make sure we had the right look," said Mundy, whose last catch came in 2002 during his senior year at Woodland Hills. "Anytime you get a big play on special teams, it gives you a boost. I was thinking, 'Just catch it,' when I saw the ball coming."

Sepulveda hadn't checked out of a punt since completing his first pass attempt, a 32-yarder to Najeh Davenport, in a 41-21 win over St. Louis during his rookie season in 2007.

The Steelers had done nothing this season to suggest they would call Sepulveda's number.

The Steelers worked on the fake punt only sparingly during practice last week. But Sepulveda worked out his throwing arm more than his leg during Friday's practice.
    "I was just messing around in practice this week, but we always have that play in the bag," said Sepulveda, a left-footed kicker who throws righty. "Obviously, going into this week, we knew it was a possibility."

Still, for the second consecutive week, not all was right with the Steelers' special teams. Sepulveda had a punt blocked in the fourth quarter yesterday, and Shaun Suisham had a field goal try swatted down against Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Against the Titans
    Against a Titans team which ranks 10th overall in total defense, so they are not exactly terrible defensively. It should be added though, that they've had a very easy schedule so far so that is something to take into account.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information