Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodley showed up today....wonder why?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I just hope nobody's surprised when we don't hear Woodley's name called as many times next week as it was this week.
    I feel you steeler babe our team is not a one man show it's all about the system every one must do there jobs which allow Woodley, Timmons , Troy , and others to do theirs.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I feel you steeler babe our team is not a one man show it's all about the system every one must do there jobs which allow Woodley, Timmons , Troy , and others to do theirs.
    Yet we've heard Polamalus name, James Harrisons name, Timmons name a whole lot more than Woodleys so far this season. Sure, its a team game but he has been totally anonymous up until this game. Hopefully he'll start playing like this from hereon out and live up to everyones expectations. Imagine if he played like this against a team which did not have (probably) the best RT in the game.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I just hope nobody's surprised when we don't hear Woodley's name called as many times next week as it was this week.
    Even sacks aside wood was playing a million times better than earlier in the season. Unlike the previous games he was actually getting good pressure and collapsing the pocket when he wasn't getting sacks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted
    The entire defense played inspired today, give Lewis credit he was solid today except for the TD he gave up late, Hoke did a good job today but he's old to,Hopefully Tomlin starts to rotate these guys more, Kiesel looked good today also,Woodley brought the wood today,great job defense...

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Yet we've heard Polamalus name, James Harrisons name, Timmons name a whole lot more than Woodleys so far this season. Sure, its a team game but he has been totally anonymous up until this game. Hopefully he'll start playing like this from hereon out and live up to everyones expectations. Imagine if he played like this against a team which did not have (probably) the best RT in the game.
    Really? because just last week people screaming that nobody was playing good on D even Harrison and Troy. Woodley has done just as much as the other people you've named this year.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Deep in Enemy Territory 70 miles North of Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    The entire defense played inspired today, give Lewis credit he was solid today except for the TD he gave up late, Hoke did a good job today but he's old too.

Hopefully Tomlin starts to rotate these guys more, Kiesel looked good today also,Woodley brought the wood today,great job defense...
    X2.

I wonder what Tomlin said in the locker room this past week for the WHOLE Team to pull their head's out of their azzes ?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Look, right now we are waaay under the radar. The media officially buried us last week. Let's just continue to get better, beat up on the next three teams or so, and we'll be ready to beat the dog snot out of the Ravens @ss.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    I think everyone is forgetting that most of the players were out of shape so it took the team 5 weeks to get in game shape . It prolly took us 2 more weeks cause we have older guys and also the lack of padded practices has an effect too . We should be rolling along now hopefully Cam Heyward gets more reps . Woodley isn't afluke he will have 12 to 14 sack this year mark it down
    Tomlin should keep Smith and hampton on the bench and promote Hoke and Mclendon and Heyward. Also big props the Keenan Lewis ,William Gay and Ike Taylor after 1/3 of the season they lead the NFL in pass defense . What a difference a year makes i thought they messed up cutting Butler but Lewis is ballin so they got it right props to Coach Lake
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-10-2011 at 02:24 AM.

chris carter was fast enough to flush the qb, heyward 2 sacks.. rushed in faster than smith and threw bodies around, mcclendon held up the middle when he was in. we were still missing 55 at ILB ... he must really be bad a game situations... he stayed on ST...

Our Offense kept our defense off the field... they had more energy overall... not real hard to figure out. We played a shorter game and kept the OL healthy and ben standing.

it was great
    Last edited by coldrolled; 10-10-2011 at 06:22 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Wood was obviously much better yesterday but I'm not going to anoint him the next Greg Lloyd yet until he can dominate a game on his own. He was much better in the pass rush yesterday but it was clear that our D-line being better aided him getting to the QB. Consistency has always haunted Wood, but I hope this is a start to a huge rest of the year.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information