Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Redman and Dwyer combo, it's a keeper

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers Redman and Dwyer combo, it's a keeper

Redman: 15 carries, 49 yds. 3 catches for 12 yds. He did leave with cramps in the 3rd quarter.
    Dwyer: 11 carries for 107 yds.

Redman running like a bulldozer, straight up the field and dragging tacklers. He got the tough yards today, something we wanted to see how he could handle carrying the load as the main back. Just watching Redman run is so refreshing. No dancing, no wasted movement, just get the ball, hit the hole, and go to work. He secures the ball, lowers his head and isn't afraid to take on the defenders for that extra yard.

Dwyer's amazing first carry goes for 76 yds. There's no way he envisioned that when he took the field today but credit the blocking on the right side, Legursky sealed the lane and Dwyer burst right through it. He's come a long way since that run test at training camp. Who knew he had that kind of speed to boot.

The Steelers need to realize this is a what have you done for me lately league. Right now they need a jump start. They can't afford to go back to doing what they were doing the first 3-4 weeks in the NFL. Both players provided a spark and they should continue to get the workload. Now is not the time to " be partial' to the veterans just because. Run with the hot hand in my opinion.

Now, let's not kid ourselves here, credit the offensive line as well, as we're talking about in another thread. The running game is not about just the running back, if you don't have a line blocking it doesn't matter who is carrying the ball. However I still maintain that with a line who is struggling, you need a back with the style of Redmand and Dwyer right now. You don't forget about Mendenhall, let's not lose sight of him. He's still going to play a part in this offense but clearly the with the offensive line being a MASH unit, the running style of Redman and Dwyer is more effective right now.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-09-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I agree, we need some extra picks in the draft, snd mendy and pick up a draft pick use if for a linemen.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    They are a sick combo. Hopefully this shakes BA's head lose a little bit and mixes them into the game along with Mendy a lot more.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    They're both bruisers, which I love. I saw Dwyer do little dancing. If he could eliminate that and run like he did on a few of his major runs we're golden. Sorry Mendy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    They're both bruisers, which I love. I saw Dwyer do little dancing. If he could eliminate that and run like he did on a few of his major runs we're golden. Sorry Mendy.
    sorry mendy is insanity....hes so obviously the best back on the roster, a slow start due to misfits blocking this year and all of the sudden everyone thinks hes pure ****

and dwyer uses his light feet to his advantage, its not a weakness of his....he and blount are both big guys with good power but nice speed and sweet feet. 6th round and undrafted between the two, crazy

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    sorry mendy is insanity....hes so obviously the best back on the roster, a slow start due to misfits blocking this year and all of the sudden everyone thinks hes pure ****
    I don't think any of us are saying Mendy is "pure ****," it was just refreshing to see a guy pick up some yards after the initial contact and be able to push the pile. Mendy will obviously be playing next week and every other week of the season barring injury, but if the coaches were smart they'd figure out how to work out a good balance between Mendy, Redman, and Dwyer.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mendy was over there on the sidelines.

Trade Mendenhall for at least a 2nd round pick and draft a tackle.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    Trade Mendenhall for at least a 2nd round pick and draft a tackle.
    At this point, this scenario may not be completely out of the question. The Redman/Dwyer combo did huge things today. And it's not too expensive. But, I don't know if the coaching staff will see things the same way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    At this point, this scenario may not be completely out of the question. The Redman/Dwyer combo did huge things today. And it's not too expensive. But, I don't know if the coaching staff will see things the same way.
    I'd be very surprised to see them let mendy go. As much as it makes sense, I don't think they'd do it.

Thread Information