Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Redman and Dwyer combo, it's a keeper

Bookmark and Share
    I don't know.. I thought Redman was pretty bad. 3.2 ypc is not at all good. I'm not saying that Mendenhall would have been better, just saying that Redman is by no means the answer if he don't run better than that. I obviously like how he always hustles for more yards and whatnot, but 3.2 is not going to cut when we start playing teams like Patriots.
    Dwyer was money though.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I don't know.. I thought Redman was pretty bad. 3.2 ypc is not at all good. I'm not saying that Mendenhall would have been better, just saying that Redman is by no means the answer if he don't run better than that. I obviously like how he always hustles for more yards and whatnot, but 3.2 is not going to cut when we start playing teams like Patriots.
    Dwyer was money though.
    When I saw that he only had 50 yards, I was thinking there's no way. I think this is definitely one of the cases where the stats don't tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    When I saw that he only had 50 yards, I was thinking there's no way. I think this is definitely one of the cases where the stats don't tell the whole story.
    Yet they have a strange way of doing so. I think its more a case of people liking how he, from time to time, gets some yards after the initial contact. This is obviously a great thing to have in a RB, but he is a one-trick pony. He gets the ball, finds a gap and run to it. That is why he is great later in the game where there the gap integrity is less than in the start of the game. Currently, he is pretty much running just as well as Mendenhall which really is a concern. In my opinion at least.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Fight
    Did you see the game, stats are just that stats, the one to punch not scared to get those hard yards, and also Dywer wasn't the better one hell he did alright with a couple good runs but he danced too much and drops his head before he hits the hole but all in all good combo now get spindarella out there to use his speed to the sidelines and we can have a 3 headed monster.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Did you see the game, stats are just that stats, the one to punch not scared to get those hard yards, and also Dywer wasn't the better one hell he did alright with a couple good runs but he danced too much and drops his head before he hits the hole but all in all good combo now get spindarella out there to use his speed to the sidelines and we can have a 3 headed monster.
    Of course I saw the game. I am not as such a stat whore, but they hardly ever lie. Dwyer did dance a lot and has been prone to do so throughout his stay with Steelers, yet he also offers a bigger potential big-play threat that Redman. Since I use stats to prove my point with Redman is that he had enough yards to actually use them. Anyway, I still think that the only reason people like Redman right now is because he actually hit gaps hard, which Mendenhall does not. Does that make him a great RB though? Or does it just prove that Mendenhall have been horribad so far?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I'd go redman over mendy any day. I like Mendy but I like the upside of Redman much more.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd go 50-50 Redman/Mendy anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    I'd go redman over mendy any day. I like Mendy but I like the upside of Redman much more.
    I'm really not trying to be a downer here, but I just don't see how Redman has more upside than Mendenhall. Redman is a one-trick pony with everything that comes with it. To quote Tomlin: It is what it is. You're not going to see Redman have a season like the one Mendenhall had yesterday, unless Redman starts running differently. He is a great change-of-phase back and he hurts the defense when he is in there. I'm just not convinced that he can accumulate enough yards to make him a valid every down back.

tl:dr:
    Mendenhall from last year > Redman any day of the week.
    Redman > Mendenhall right now.
    Upside-wise: Mendenhall > Redman (Imo by a stretch).

Redman is my boy, well you guys all know this lol. So you know where im at on this

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I'm really not trying to be a downer here, but I just don't see how Redman has more upside than Mendenhall. Redman is a one-trick pony with everything that comes with it. To quote Tomlin: It is what it is. You're not going to see Redman have a season like the one Mendenhall had yesterday, unless Redman starts running differently. He is a great change-of-phase back and he hurts the defense when he is in there. I'm just not convinced that he can accumulate enough yards to make him a valid every down back.

tl:dr:
    Mendenhall from last year > Redman any day of the week.
    Redman > Mendenhall right now.
    Upside-wise: Mendenhall > Redman (Imo by a stretch).
    It's simple for me, Mendenhall is an average back. That's why most are thinking, why not trade him for a 2nd round pick? That's not an insane thought, though unlikely to happen. I just like Redman...alot. Like I said, NOTHING against mendy. I'll root for anyone who will help this team win and be successful. I'm just not sure Mendy is our back of the future. I honestly think Baron Batch comes back and really gives mendy a run for his money.

Thread Information