Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Bruce Arians for implementing the short passing game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I was pleasantly surprised with the play calling and the trick plays...Loved to Sep out there passing while not trying to turn a positive into a negative...but why didn't BA do this before?? This definatley shows the stubborness of the coaching stuff...anyway when the Steelers play like this we can beat anyone...I thnk if we keep playing like this we can beat the Pats no problem...D looked great and Troy almost had like what 3 or 4 almost INT...glad to see Woodley back in the saddle!!

2 dropped passed by Brown and Sanders would have probably put us up 7ish more but I was so glad to see this team come together and play well....Ben looked amazing!!!
    What a great monday!!!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

I loved Ben showing some emotion ripping his young WR's! He's embraced the C role and it shows..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    while not trying to turn a positive into a negative...but why didn't BA do this before??
    I'm sure you're not the only one thinking that. My only guess is that someone finally clobbered BA in the head with a lead pipe. He awoke with a revelation, with a game plan fitting of our offensive line, our WRs and Ben's injury.

If I can be quick to bash the gameplan, I can be quick to embrace it. Seeing RBs and TEs chip on blocks and roll into the flat for quick, short passes made me smile: It has been there all along, but we haven't used it. If we stick with it, the offense will be much different than what we saw in the first quarter of the season. I hope that Arians realized that you can still make big plays with the short, quick passes: You get the pass rush off your back and you get your QB time to throw. Amazing what a quality plan can do for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    If I can be quick to bash the gameplan, I can be quick to embrace it. Seeing RBs and TEs chip on blocks and roll into the flat for quick, short passes made me smile: It has been there all along, but we haven't used it. If we stick with it, the offense will be much different than what we saw in the first quarter of the season. I hope that Arians realized that you can still make big plays with the short, quick passes: You get the pass rush off your back and you get your QB time to throw. Amazing what a quality plan can do for a team.
    You freaking nailed it, you don't need pro bowl tackles or guards to do this, just some brains!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

i think the quality plan had a lot to do with ben not being able to run.. in combo with tomlin kicking ba's a$$ all week. i hope they keep it up. if they stop the short game... we need hampton to step on ben's foot.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 10-10-2011 at 02:50 PM.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    while not trying to turn a positive into a negative...but why didn't BA do this before??
    kinda makes you wonder if it was BA's gameplan, it was like night and day compared to the first 4 games

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.151834,-85.755057
    Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    We all reserve that right to criticize the game plan and then embrace it, it's part of being a fan. If they could just make up their mind on how they want to run this offense effectively we'd all have lower blood pressure..LOL

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't know how many times I have seen Ben just look so frustrated and shrug his shoulders when his young WR's have ran the wrong routes at times...lol That is why I didn't understand the slight bashing on Ben so far this season at times....The OL has been a mess and the young WR's still have some growing pains......I agree Ben needs to be smarter with the ball at times but its hard for a QB to be great consistently when his teammates let him down at times.....I'm not bashing the young WR's since I want them out there playing....Its the only way they will get better and be ready to contribute for this team when needed.....

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    kinda makes you wonder if it was BA's gameplan, it was like night and day compared to the first 4 games

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.151834,-85.755057
    Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk
    Same thing I said
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information