Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace: Finnegan is a dirty player

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
    I appreciate your candor.

We Titans fans are just having fun considering most of us thought this season was going to be closer to 4-12...maybe 8-8 in fantasyland. (New head coach, two new QBs, etc.) Nobody is saying we have an AFC Championship game in our future. But with Indy down, the AFC South is anyone's game. We still have to prove ourselves against you guys and the Texans but dismantling the Ravens showed we can be a team to be reckoned with. The big issue is playing consistently and getting our run game back online. Last week was promising but not there yet. Normally we wouldn't be thinking we'd have a chance against the vaunted Steeler run defense but considering your last few games....again, I like our chances.
    I don't. Our o- line got more than a boost they got back at brother a warrior , THE o=LINE will settle in this week and if you haven;t noticed our old *** defense leads the league in pass defense so considering that Hasselbeck( KING OF THE FIVE YARD PASS) only has one semi decent reciever in washington you better hope that prima donna CJ SHOWS UP btw we beat Hasselbeck in the super bowl in his prime

Mike just needs to stfu and play. Who ****ing cares if the steelers arent intimidated by him, all your doing is feeding into a guy like Finnegan.

You guys aren't even keeping up with what our players are doing, are you?

Finnegan was moved to nickel by Munchak at the beginning of the season. The move has been a big improvement and Courtland has been playing one of his best seasons in years. If I were you guys, I'd be less concerned about Mike Wallace and be more concerned about the blitz packages Finny will be dialing up on gimpy ol' Big Ben.
    Seek life elswhere scrub. Your titans are a joke.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    seven, you related to "joe flacco says"? just curious.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm sure Finney will see some time double covering Wallace. Mike has been a bit of a trash talker this year. Just do your talking on the field dude.

Trust me Seven, we are concerned about the blitz. Until we stop it we'll have issues.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Waterboy
    --- Added 10/8/2011 at 08:50 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I don't. Our o- line got more than a boost they got back at brother a warrior , THE o=LINE will settle in this week and if you haven;t noticed our old *** defense leads the league in pass defense so considering that Hasselbeck( KING OF THE FIVE YARD PASS) only has one semi decent reciever in washington you better hope that prima donna CJ SHOWS UP btw we beat Hasselbeck in the super bowl in his prime
    I'm sure Ben hopes so. Problem is, nobody else believes it...certainly not the major sports writers. I listened to two different interviews this week on Nashville sports talk radio from Pittsburgh sports personalities. One was a host of a popular sports call-in show (I forget which) and the second was the Pittsburgh play-by-play announcer. Both guys brought up the O-line as a major concern.

As for "King of the Five Yard Pass", that guy is had passed for 1152 yards in four games, 8 TDs, 3 INTs and completing 66.7% of his throws. (Passer rating of 104.7) Not bad for a 36 year old has been.

--- Added 10/8/2011 at 09:12 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    seven, you related to "joe flacco says"? just curious.
    Yeah, we took care of business against that guy. Most fans around here were pretty surprised how we dismantled those guys. I suppose we could have been their "trap" game but c'mon, this is the Ravens we're talking about. It makes us look back at the Jacksonville game on week 1 with head-slapping incredulity.

OK, to balance things out a bit, here's what we Titans fans are worried about.

1. CJ. Yeah, the 101 yard effort last week was nice but it wasn't an even effort and there were few opponent killing moments about it. CJ is one of those backs that if he hits the hole with speed and makes you miss, you might as well give up. But if you lay a paw on him in the backfield, he pretty much falls down. This has been the story this season and much of the end of last season. CJ's pass reception game has really faltered badly but is starting to show signs of life.

2. The O-line. No, not about protecting Hasselbeck. Part of the CJ problem is creating running lanes for CJ. The O-line has been less than stellar in making that happen like the old days.

3. The receivers. With Kenny Britt out for the season, nobody we have scares anybody. Nate Washington is now our #1 (hey, no laughing out there!) but he's done ok for the first 4 games (23 reps for 320 yards but only 1 TD). The best compliment I can give Nate is that when Britt went down, he stepped up and caught just about everything thrown his way (he was a bit butterfingers in the Vince Young era). The best thing about having Nate Washington as the #1 for this game is that Heinz Field is very familiar territory.

4. The tight ends. We've been getting a lot more out of the tight ends , especially with Britt gone. Craig Stevens has especially stepped up. But he got a rib injury last week and may not go...important since he's one of the league's better blocking tight ends and we need all the help we can get clearing a path for CJ.

5. Special teams. For some reason we are letting teams have a little too many yards on kickoffs of late...and we've been barely getting out of the gate on that play.

6. The fullback. The good news is that we got our fullback off suspension this week (Ahmad Hall). The bad news is that he hasn't played a down of football this season and has to block for the aforementioned CJ.

7. The Steelers X-factor. Playing the Steelers at Heinz is never an easy task. But the Steelers are a team that knows how to win and is resourceful enough to do it in lots of different ways. Last year we thought we were home free playing Pittsburgh with Big Ben on suspension and after we knocked out your #2 guy. Then Charlie Batch came in and we made him look like an All-Pro. If we ever got down to our #3 QB, it would be pretty ugly.

It should be a good contest, regardless.
    Last edited by Sevenfeet; 10-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You probably heard Bill Hillgrove , he does the play by play for the Steelers Radio Network. Those guys are well respected among the Steeler Nation, they know their stuff.

Anybody with half a brain, hell even the most novice football fan knows the Steelers offensive line is a question mark. Based on the player interviews this week and all the comments coming out of the practice facility, they are pretty pissed off at how badly they've played. If they are going to get it going this year it better start now. We can't afford to fall 2 games back of the division leader.

Matt H. is a fine QB; he did well up in Seattle all those years with virtually nobody to throw too.

--- Added 10/8/2011 at 08:50 PM ---

I'm sure Ben hopes so. Problem is, nobody else believes it...certainly not the major sports writers. I listened to two different interviews this week on Nashville sports talk radio from Pittsburgh sports personalities. One was a host of a popular sports call-in show (I forget which) and the second was the Pittsburgh play-by-play announcer. Both guys brought up the O-line as a major concern.

As for "King of the Five Yard Pass", that guy is had passed for 1152 yards in four games, 8 TDs, 3 INTs and completing 66.7% of his throws. (Passer rating of 104.7) Not bad for a 36 year old has been.
    if you base who's going to win off of what an (ANAL)yst says i'll bet you every sunday lol. Bottomline is we're not playing at our best and we're still 2-2 unlike a whole lot of teams in the league. Which means our worst is far better than the Titans best. So you better go ahead and get your jokes in before we gel because then you'll want to bandwagon like the rest. I can't remember one year that we won the superbowl and was pick by the analyst to win it. We'll see you on sunday.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Rookie Free Agent SteelCurtain17's Avatar
    We have to be careful about this...we can't be taking stupid penalties just because that's what Finnegan wants. I personally agree that Finnegan is a dirty player and I don't care for him, but let's be smart about this.
    Fan4Life

Finny sucks.... So does Elizabeths brother in law!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 10-09-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information