Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace: Finnegan is a dirty player

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Mike Wallace: Finnegan is a dirty player

Receiver Mike Wallace said the Steelers will attack Tennessee's self-proclaimed bad boy, cornerback Cortland Finnegan.

"He doesn't intimidate one person around here," said Wallace, who had an 81-yard touchdown catch against the Texans last week. "If he wants to hit, we're going to hit. If he wants to be aggressive, we're going to be aggressive."

Wallace, who was flagged for taunting last week, added that aggressiveness won't be tempered by stupidity.

"We're not going to go out and be stupid and get penalties," Wallace said. "But by no means are we going to take anything from anybody. Finnegan is a dirty player. If he wants to get dirty, we can be dirty, too."

Wallace added there is a potential for big plays against the Titans' secondary, considering the Cleveland Browns had success through the air in a 31-13 loss.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's no secret that Finnegan will take a cheap shot or extra jab at you anytime he can. Plus he's got a hot temper and a short fuse. Wallace needs to be careful this week; don't get into any fights or trash talking matches with him, we can't afford any dumb penalties.

My Mood
    Devilish
    no, we cant afford dumb penalties. but can we afford to let him bully the WR corps? i say that we've got 4 good receivers. theyve got 1 good CB and Chris Hope. didnt we release him a few years back? i think we may be able to sacrifice and exchange. if finnegan has a short fuse and a bad temper than it seems to me that he would be easily manipulated into getting dumb penalties of his own. the right talk at the right moment and who knows? maybe we can get him ejected.

i say troll him and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    theyve got 1 good CB and Chris Hope. didnt we release him a few years back?
    Hope is out tomorrow. And yes we had him up until the year after XL, he was replaced by Clark...I'm not sure if that was really an upgrade, I always liked Hope, but it all worked out.

Oh yeah and I hate Finnegan; loved seeing him get his *** whooped by Johnson last year. Finnegan isn't tough, he's dirty, and there's a big difference between the two.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

I HATE Finnegan. I absolutely loved seeing andre johnson beat his *** last year. Finnegan is a punk *** scumbag. The guy doesn't even deny he's a dirty player. He says he strives to not only be a dirty players but he wants to be known as the dirtiest player in the game. I'd love to see his leg get snapped like theisman's. Can't say he doesn't deserve it........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    One good? CB will not counter Wallace's speed.
    As long as ABrown , ESanders, or Hines get going, Finnigan is not going to be very relevant. He will be too busy looking at 17's jersey from behind....
    Ben will need protection to find another open WR other than Wallace. AB has been doing pretty good for the last few games, getting 4 cathces a game so far...
    O nce the OL gets stabilized, Hines will get going also....
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Hope is out tomorrow. And yes we had him up until the year after XL, he was replaced by Clark.
    all the better. im actually feeling a little more confident now. they do have some speedy young CB's though, not really sure how theyll match up with brown and sanders but it should be interesting to see how things unfold.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think there's a player in the NFL that doesn't think Finnegan is a dirty player.

Waterboy
    You guys aren't even keeping up with what our players are doing, are you?

Finnegan was moved to nickel by Munchak at the beginning of the season. The move has been a big improvement and Courtland has been playing one of his best seasons in years. If I were you guys, I'd be less concerned about Mike Wallace and be more concerned about the blitz packages Finny will be dialing up on gimpy ol' Big Ben.
    Last edited by Sevenfeet; 10-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Just shut up and play football Mike!

Thread Information