Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time has come for the offense to help out the defense

Bookmark and Share

The time has come for the offense to help out the defense

Hines said exactly what i've been saying for years, one day the defense was going to need the offense to carry us to the promise land and the time is now. We're set up perfectly to go back to the dance people. My reasons for saying that is.....

1. We have young ,hungry, fast, sure handed receivers.
    2. We have 2 thumpers and 2 scat backs.
    3. The offense no longer has the security blanket of the great stingy defense that would man up when the time came.

I always felt the offense would come out slow and carefree for years because they figured the D would stop the other offense until they got fired up. With the D having issues and James Harrison being hurt ,which I thought would never happen the offense needs to turn the corner. We have to put points on the board to protect our defense. We have the offense to do it they just can't take those 3 downs for granted.

I think Redman will run like a mad man which in turn will fire up the o-line and make them play a little more angry like in the preseason. Those guys played about 5 seconds past the whistle every play in the preseason, especially Foster. Then you can hit them with Mendenhall for the shifty runs that's he's great for. That should open the door for our young bucks on the outside to have their way.

To go through this turmoil this early in the season will be a blessing for these guys. The Offense will play with more urgency and allow the D to get the kinks worked out.
    James getting an eye injury was the best thing for us believe it or not because, it shouldn't hender him from working out but it will give him and his back a rest and allow some of his strength to return without him getting rusty. That means when we're in the thick of the season we get a dominate player back with fresh legs in time to make a run for the playoffs and the superbowl.

Bottomline just like in '05 when a lot of people on this site wrote them off i'm still riding with them. I can see it and I believe it.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 10-07-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    I hope youre right my friend...I surely havent thrown in the towel just yet either...However, with that being said the Steelers had better win these next 3 games against the Titans,Jags,and Cardinals and get to 5-2 headed into those huge back to back games at Heinz Field with both the Patriots and Ravens. The Steelers simply cannot afford to fall too many more games back of the Ravens in the standings at this point. They gotta be able to stay within at least 1 or at the very worst 2 games back of them in the standings...

I hope you're right man...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We can all see it and we can all believe, we just have to see them finally get pissed off enough at how the season is going to do something about it. Hines is exactly right, the offense needs to give the defense some help for once. No longer is Pittsburgh just about the defense, with the talent at the skill positions on offense it's high time they start scoring enough points to take the pressure off the defense.

Even though we have such great players at WR, I still want to Hines Ward still incorporated into the game plan. When you're down and things are going tough you go back to what's proven to work; Hines, Ben, Heath..those guys are crucial to the offensive jumpstart that's needed.

Peaking at week 4 isn't what we all want, best case is Sunday they start to get their **** figured out.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point I'll settle for a win, period..we can worry about when they'll "peak" after they rattle off a few wins, LOL.

Either way the offense carrying the load is long overdue. If Ben could stay upright for 60 minutes this team can up 30 points on anybody in the league, I firmly believe that.

Will never happen with BA at OC. Sorry

I never said they would peak at week 4, I just think the light comes on for this offense this week because it has to. Also I think having a younger nose tackle actually helps us because the biggest reason that guys are running on us is that Hampton is just used to being a wall in the middle, with the chop blocking that's going on this year he has to move his feet a lot more and those days are behind him. We should use McClendon in the open field and Hamp. For short yardage and goaline situations.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    i love the headline of this article....The time has come for the offense to help out the defense...that time came along time ago. the time came the season after SB 43. and every year since.

the offense will never carry it's own weight because it can't score points.

steelchamp204 said: Will never happen with BA at OC. Sorry....couldn't agree more with this point.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Veteran
    It's hard for the offense to help anyone when the line has been so bad. Heck, sometimes the defensive lineman has to wait by Ben a second so the ball can arrive from the center.

Thread Information