Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starks to play at RT; clearly the wrong move yet again

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    People have been blaming Gilbert for Ben Getting hit.(on other sites) Correct me if I'm wrong but Gilbert did his job pushing the DE/OLB past Ben. However he need to stay with his block even after he pushes them past Ben.
    Ben needs to hit the check downs. He's always looking for the big play. How about we keep the chains moving or you run it without looking behind you and get a few yards?

--- Added 10/5/2011 at 01:51 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We did, they talked BA out of retirement! LOLLOLOLOLOLOL
    Only because of the Lockout. I said it last year and I'll say it again. ITS TIME FOR KEITH BUTLER TO BE THE DC AND ANYBODY ELSE TO BE THE OC.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    --- Added 10/5/2011 at 01:51 PM ---

Only because of the Lockout. I said it last year and I'll say it again. ITS TIME FOR KEITH BUTLER TO BE THE DC AND ANYBODY ELSE TO BE THE OC.

I agree it's time for Dick to move on, I'll send my 12 yr old over to take over for BA!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Manic
    I don't know what to think Steelers.com lists Starks as 2nd left tackle so i think he will play lt against the ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    I could be wrong, but I'm thinking they don't want to move Gilbert to LT because that means you're making him learn another position and that's asking a lot for a rookie that didn't even get a playbook until late July. I also wouldn't expect Starks to start at any position any time soon. It's reported he's lost like 60lbs, but I highly doubt he's in football shape. Of course an argument could be made that some of the starters now aren't in football shape either. Also, and I know people don't like hearing this, J. Scott knows Kugler's system from their time with the Bills, so I'm guessing that's why he would start at LT. I think they'll stay with Gilbert at RT and J. Scott at LT and Legursky will be back at RG. The only way I see Starks breaking into the starting lineup is if there's an injury. I also think no matter what combination of 5 lineman currently on the roster they put out there, people won't be happy. I'm actually more concerned with the run defense right now because if teams just continue to run up and down the field it won't matter who's on the offensive line because we won't get the ball enough to score anyway.

Chris

© Good news for all of you Jonathan Scott haters. He split time with newly signed Max Starks today at left tackle.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

They were reporting all day on the radio that Starks was practicing at LT with the first unit all day... It would make the most sense to bring him back there,but I guess we won't know until he actually plays.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Manic
    Max Starks 6' 8"345 if he lost 60 pounds that means 405 lbs imagine that jesus mary and joseph
    i do expect some rust but a rusty max starks is a **** ton better than that scrub scott . Heck i'd move meredith up two second just on principle
    I think the best line would be starks-kemo-essex-pouncey-gilbert that's right i moved pouncey to guard he's a good center but i think he would crush the world at guard
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-05-2011 at 11:15 PM.

id move pounce to guard if we had the other pouncey or get brewster this year or something....essex at center is just something i never want to experience.

gilbert at LT and starks at RT is what we need really, imo flo should have been the one brought back (or both....jeez)

i love how everyones all doom and gloom the sky is falling end of the world...everyone hates the coaches, the front office, and the decisions being made and are bitching about lack of quality players available...yet i bitch about roster moves and draft picks a few months ago and its all shut up k train in rooneys i trust 6 rings wooooo rah rah steelers

lol

I've been praying for Flo to be brought back. I wanted him back this year regardless to play RT and stick Colon at RG where he belongs. A line of Gilbert-Kemoeatu-Pouncey-Colon-Adams to start the season would have been great. I've never been one to bash the coaches, except maybe BA, but these fools are really pissing me off now.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id move pounce to guard if we had the other pouncey or get brewster this year or something....essex at center is just something i never want to experience.

gilbert at LT and starks at RT is what we need really, imo flo should have been the one brought back (or both....jeez)

i love how everyones all doom and gloom the sky is falling end of the world...everyone hates the coaches, the front office, and the decisions being made and are bitching about lack of quality players available...yet i bitch about roster moves and draft picks a few months ago and its all shut up k train in rooneys i trust 6 rings wooooo rah rah steelers

lol
    Dude, getting rid of Hills was obviously a good idea. The team is stacked at guard already.

Thread Information