Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Starks Visits Steelers...10/5 Update, Starks signs, Chris Scott released

Bookmark and Share

Max Starks Visits Steelers...10/5 Update, Starks signs, Chris Scott released

http://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac

Max Starks visited #steelers tonite and it looks as though he will be signed. Someone will be waived.

The Steelers visited with former offensive tackle Max Starks tonight and are close to re-signing him to help their injury-plagued offensive line.

Starks, who was released before the start of training camp, was at the team's South Side facility tonight and will likely be signed to the 53-man roster, a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The Steelers will have to release a player to make room for Starks, who had been a full-time starter since the middle of the 2009 season.

Starks missed the second half of last season with a neck injury that kept him from working out during the offseason. That caused him to be overweight and out of shape and forced the Steelers to release him.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-04-2011 at 11:56 PM.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Well they did something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Starks will be an improvement from El Matador, Jonathan Scott, but he wasn't the greatest either. But hopefully he can help the team. If he signs, that will mean 3 out of 5 starters will be from the University of Florida.

mixed emotions...got to be better then what we have BUT if he is why isn't he playing somewhere?? How long will it take him to get in football shape??

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Impatient
    I think Starks could have been an Elite LT. He just was too streaky and/or lazy. He could block Jared Allen all day for Ben, but some back-up for the Browns gets 4 sacks against him. Hopefully, cutting him made him realize he has to work each and every week, not just the big name weeks. He will be an improvement day 1. Either at LT or RT and Gilbert to LT (which is what I prefer).

. . .and the exhalted shall be humbled. . .Let's hope if he signs, he comes back HUNGRY!

The new line coach will put some anger in his belly!

Scott find the bench!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    About ****ing time.......It only took Ben almost getting killed every game for the Steelers brass to say hey Scott is a freaking joke and a corpse could block better then him.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    About ****ing time.......It only took Ben almost getting killed every game for the Steelers brass to say hey Scott is a freaking joke and a corpse could block better then him.....

Exactly, you have to beat this team over the head before they realize they should have called up Starks weeks ago. You're QB nearly gets killed for the first month of the season before you realize you need some help. It's not like Scott was an unknown commodity and you wanted to see if he could the job. Starks should have been on the roster after the 2nd game atleast.

From what I've heard he's worked hard to get his weight back down and at this point a 75% Max Starks is better than a 110% Jonathan Scott or Trai Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    mixed emotions...got to be better then what we have BUT if he is why isn't he playing somewhere?? How long will it take him to get in football shape??
    I feel the same way. We are not the only team with huge holes on the O line. The Jets & Eagles are very bad. Hopefully he realized that he might play somewhere and stayed in shape.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information