Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the Steelers still win the division if they dont win the next 3 games??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Can the Steelers still win the division if they dont win the next 3 games??

And put there record at 5-2 going into the back to back home games against the Patriots and Ravens in late October and early November. I say this because the Steelers are already a game behind the Ravens in the standings and have already lost the head to head tiebraker with them as well. Plus, the Ravens schedule the next 3 weeks after their bye week this week before they play the Steelers are at home against Houston, at Jacksonville on a Monday night and at home against Arizona. The only game I can potentially see the Ravens losing is to the Texans the week after their bye week. If the Ravens dont lose that game they most definitely are going to beat both the Jags and Cardinals which would put them at 6-1 going into the rematch with the Steelers here on November 6th. So when you break things down the only game the Steelers really can afford to lose in the next 4 games before the Ravens rematch here is to the Patriots. That means the worst case scenario would be if the Steelers win the next 3 with the Titans,Jags,and Cardinals and lose to the Patriots it would put them at 5-3 headed into that Ravens game which would then put that game at an absolute MUST win for the Steelers if they were to have any hopes at all of still winning the North.

While we're at it let's not completely dismiss the Bengals and Browns from this conversation as well seeing that they are both sitting at 2-2 as well after 4 games the same record as the Steelers have. So with that being said, not only do the Steelers have to worry about keeping pace with the Ravens in the division they also have to hope that both the Browns and Bengals dont keep winning games here and there as well. And looking at both the Browns and Bengals schedules the next 3-4 weeks they have a lot of games on their schedules that they can definitely win and still keep pace with the Steelers. So for everybody who wants to totally bury and dismiss these two teams I wouldnt completely do so just yet. The bottom line is this the Steelers in my opinion have to win these next 3 games and be 5-2 going into that Patriots game because it looks like as of now if I am a betting man that unless the Texans beat the Ravens after their bye week the Ravens are going to be 6-1 going into their rematch with the Steelers here in November, and the most you want to be back of the Ravens is 2 games in the loss column. That's why it's so imperative that the Steelers win these next 3 games with the Titans,Jags,and Cards.

No Way in Hell

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree I dont think they can either because at this point unless things drastically improve I cant see anyway possible the Steelers beat both the Patriots and Ravens back to back weeks even if both games are at home. The best they do in those 2 games is a split and that in itself is going to be a tough task. You would much rather lose to the Pats then the Ravens if you had to drop 1 of the 2 games simply for division purposes, but the Steelers simply cannot afford to go into those games with the Patriots and Ravens with 3 losses with the possibility of having 4 losses if you lose to the Patriots seeing that the Ravens probably will still only have 1 loss and still hold the head to head tiebraker. You gotta win the next 3 games against the Titans,Jags,and Cards in my opinion period end of story...

After seeing them play the past few weeks there isn't a for sure win this whole damn season...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Be careful about buying into the Bengals and Browns still. Especially the Bengals. These are young , inexperienced teams that are bound to win some games but aren't ready to contend for the division yet.

As far as the division goes, the Steelers cannot afford to drop more than 2 games back from the Ravens, I agree with you. I say that because if we can get our act together, the games after our bye are extremely winnable and this team could run the table after that. That means you have to win the November game in Pittsburgh vs Baltimore and then figure they will drop atleast 1 or 2 more after that at some point.

The Ravens schedule is a cake walk after 11/13. The only potential tough games for them after that are the 49ers and Chargers. Other than that it's AFC North teams, the Seahawks etc.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Be careful about buying into the Bengals and Browns still.
    I'm not buying into the Bengals and the Browns, I'm selling into the Steelers. I considered them 4 easy wins before the season started, but now I don't think that's reasonable. With the way this team is playing, there's no such thing as an easy win anymore.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I'm not buying into the Bengals and the Browns, I'm selling into the Steelers. I considered them 4 easy wins before the season started, but now I don't think that's reasonable. With the way this team is playing, there's no such thing as an easy win anymore.

Draft Pick
    No way we win division but by the looks of the remaining schedule there's no way we don't finish at least 11-5 assuming we lose to pats and rats again then one more out of bengals browns bengals browns jags titans cardinals rams 49ers chiefs

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Be careful about buying into the Bengals and Browns still. Especially the Bengals. These are young , inexperienced teams that are bound to win some games but aren't ready to contend for the division yet.

As far as the division goes, the Steelers cannot afford to drop more than 2 games back from the Ravens, I agree with you. I say that because if we can get our act together, the games after our bye are extremely winnable and this team could run the table after that. That means you have to win the November game in Pittsburgh vs Baltimore and then figure they will drop atleast 1 or 2 more after that at some point.

The Ravens schedule is a cake walk after 11/13. The only potential tough games for them after that are the 49ers and Chargers. Other than that it's AFC North teams, the Seahawks etc.
    Im not buying into the Browns and the Bengals winning this division by any means or being for real just yet but all I am saying is both of them are not completely out of this race yet to the point where you dont have to worry about them anymore. The Bengals next 2 games are against the Jags and Colts and the Browns next few games I believe arent against any world beaters either. So while the Ravens are still the main team to worry about in this division the Browns and the Bengals are still in the race for now and cant be totally dismissed and overlooked just yet...They both at the moment have more conference wins then the Steelers at this point and are technically for the time being ahead of the Steelers in the standings...

Rookie Free Agent SteelCurtain17's Avatar
    There is no way they can still win the divison if that happens. The Ravens are too good of a team (atleast defensively). Plus, the Bengals and the Browns aren't complete slouches this year.
    Fan4Life

Thread Information