Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you hope is gone next year?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    What's with all the hating period?? We all knew coming into the year this was gonna be the last hoorah for a lot of players, and everybody still thought we would be all right.What nobody saw coming was how terrible the O line would be playing. It starts with them as far as any offensive production, it's kinda hard to throw the ball to anybody from your backside...
    The defensive problems were not counted on either, sure there were questions about Smith's health and effectiveness but I don't see Ziggy actually dominating things either. We did know Farrior speed had slowed some and expected less playing time form him also, but again wo has stepped up in his absence?? The D line is losing their battles ,in part because of chop blocking and also because of age. If the D line doesn't get pressure or hold their own ,then the rest of the defense suffers ,pure and simple. They have to occupy the lineman for the linebackers to be effective. We won't even talk about the missed tackles ,which are the most aggravating!! If the first person to make a hit would actually make the tackle ,things would be different...
    Are there some players that this is going to be their last year,yep,I can see Smith, Farrior, McFadden, hopefully BA, and maybe a few more. who do we have to take their places,ain't nobody been a standout in their replacement roles.
    4 games into the season and everybody is throwing the team under the bus. Do we expect more from our team,hell yeah we do because we cheer for the STEELERS !! Also realize that we can't win it all every year but that's the way the NFL is set up...it's called parity....
    I agree with you on some points here but to say why is everyone hating on them? It was just a question of who will be gone. Noone is hating on the players here, just frustrated with the lack of performance on the field. But to say noone has shown they can step up behind these aging players is kinda rediculous. We have seen what Hood can do when giving the chance to start a whole game. I also think Heyward and Mclendon will only get better as the season goes on. The CB's have been doing a good job this year and were happy about that its just our front seven. The only thing frustrating to all of us is why Sly isnt even getting in at all during the game. If hes that far behind Foote/Farrior then so be it. Maybe in game exp is what he needs, but dont let him rot away on the bench. Also, Woodley does need to be thrown under the bus because Harrsion is having a good season, he just had two strong weeks against the Colts and the Texans and alot of the time he was dbl teamed with a TE. I know alot of us are frustrated that the team is 2-2, but alot of us would rather play the young guys and struggle than have the vets out there and lose just as bad or win just as ugly. I know Im ready for the new young guys to start playing to see what we got. I wouldnt care if we won a game the rest of the season than to have the vets play out there and only be a 9-7 team or so.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    mendy, trade him to move up and draft some stud o-linemen

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

They are mixing in the young guys,but so far none has shown that they can handle a starting role. As soon as the young guys get the chance to start and we get same results ,then what? I feel the frustration level also it's killing me because I expect the STEELERS to win every week!! I try to have faith in the coaches because they are the ultimate judge of the talent level and who should be playing...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

They are mixing in the young guys,but so far none has shown that they can handle a starting role. As soon as the young guys get the chance to start and we get same results ,then what? I feel the frustration level also it's killing me because I expect the STEELERS to win every week!! I try to have faith in the coaches because they are the ultimate judge of the talent level and who should be playing...
    I think Lewis has been doing a god job this year so far when played in game. I think the only reason why Hood hasnt been as productive is because hes coming in and out so much and not getting the valuable play time he needs. Heyward will get better but he has only been in the nfl for four games and prob only got about 15-20 snaps maybe? I know the d-line is the reason why the lb's cant get the plays they want on the ball carrier but even if they did I would still like the see Sly in there. I think the young guys will come through its just them getting the opportunity consistantly to let them in is my problem. But only time will tell and we will see what happens

One or two plays won't show you much, look at Hood last season, he sucked early but the more reps he got the better he became.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    One or two plays won't show you much, look at Hood last season, he sucked early but the more reps he got the better he became.
    Exactly the point I made

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    If Hood and Heyward arent the answer, we`re screwed. There is no depth other than them

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Impatient
    There is hopefully an upside to the young guys with their learning curve. There is no upside to the vets, what you see is what you get. So if Farrior cant cover Owen Daniels, then let Sylvester try, the end result couldnt be any worse. The coaches and FO no longer get blind faith or absolute loyalty. They have won in the past, but they are proving they may not be the best judge of talent.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    If Hood and Heyward arent the answer, we`re screwed. There is no depth other than them
    They'll be fine, but sending them in for a play or two will not help. IMO Hood should be starting not slow *** Smith...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    mendy, trade him to move up and draft some stud o-linemen
    Exactly. My guess, and I would refer to KTrain on this, is that Mendy might garner somewhere around a 2nd round pick. I thought the 3rd quarter Sunday spoke volumes of the problem with this team's rushing attack. With a struggling O-line, you need backs that go north and south and clearly Redman was doing that while Mendy continues to dance and act like he's the second coming of Barry Sanders at times. I like Mendy, but I don't think he is used properly and if you aren't going to do that, then get some picks for him.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information