Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you hope is gone next year?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm not a sentimental type fan.....So I hope Arians, LeBeau, Ward, Smith, Farrior, Foote, Jon Scott, Willie Colon, Essex, Hoke, McFadden, Gay, the waterboy..........

Veteran
    There's still 3/4 of the season to play. It's far too early for me to start picking out players to stay and go. I will say that the younger players really need to get some reps so they are ready to step in, no matter who's still here.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i'd like to see ben go, to me he's another tony romo, the only thing is ben has ben bless with good players around him, ben has proven three times he can't play in the big games which is the super bowl.......... also it's time for ward to go, he's on bum status now......personally i could care less what someone has done in the past, if you don't produce today you are worthless, all that matters is the now, that's why 6 superbowls don't mean ****......... it's time for this team to be blown to pieces and start all over.....we have good young talent, but the old guys are gonna stunt their growth cause tomlin is fking retarded, to bad we'll be stuck with him for 10 more years
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Draft Pick
    I'm not saying Hines should start or anything but it will be a real sad day when I watch a steeler game and Hines isn't on the field

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    BA, LeBeau, Scott, Legs, Ward, Gay, McFad, Farrior, Foote, Hampton, Smith, Essex.. pretty much the same as everyone else. I've been off the Polamalu train for a while, I wouldn't mind him leaving either.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    What is all this hatred towards Ward and Battle? Ward is still a productive player and you never know who is going to go down with injury and the always able Hines can step right in.

Arnaz Battle, the dude only had his best preseason ever probably and the Steelers special teams is just fine this year. There's no reason to call for his head.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    What is all this hatred towards Ward and Battle? Ward is still a productive player and you never know who is going to go down with injury and the always able Hines can step right in.

Arnaz Battle, the dude only had his best preseason ever probably and the Steelers special teams is just fine this year. There's no reason to call for his head.
    Ward makes 5 million a year, we will need that for Wallace and Battle makes over a million to be a special teams player, I would rather somebody young with an upside take that roster spot. Sweed had a good preseason Wallace's rookie year, so lets not take preseason too seriously.

I will say the Steelers are smart. With the exception of Woodley, we could cut any player resigned this year and be ok. We wouldnt save any money on the cap by cutting someone like Troy or Colon, but we wouldnt lose any cap space either. I love that about the Steelers.

What's with all the hating period?? We all knew coming into the year this was gonna be the last hoorah for a lot of players, and everybody still thought we would be all right.What nobody saw coming was how terrible the O line would be playing. It starts with them as far as any offensive production, it's kinda hard to throw the ball to anybody from your backside...
    The defensive problems were not counted on either, sure there were questions about Smith's health and effectiveness but I don't see Ziggy actually dominating things either. We did know Farrior speed had slowed some and expected less playing time form him also, but again wo has stepped up in his absence?? The D line is losing their battles ,in part because of chop blocking and also because of age. If the D line doesn't get pressure or hold their own ,then the rest of the defense suffers ,pure and simple. They have to occupy the lineman for the linebackers to be effective. We won't even talk about the missed tackles ,which are the most aggravating!! If the first person to make a hit would actually make the tackle ,things would be different...
    Are there some players that this is going to be their last year,yep,I can see Smith, Farrior, McFadden, hopefully BA, and maybe a few more. who do we have to take their places,ain't nobody been a standout in their replacement roles.
    4 games into the season and everybody is throwing the team under the bus. Do we expect more from our team,hell yeah we do because we cheer for the STEELERS !! Also realize that we can't win it all every year but that's the way the NFL is set up...it's called parity....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Sadly, the remainder of the season will dictate much about these decisions especially when it comes to coordinators. IMO, Bruce has to go regardless. LeBeau? I'm torn. Not his fault we can't tackle, yet I don't see anything new either.

Players? Bmac, the entire O-line sans Pouncey as starters, ASmith, Big Snack, Farrior, Foote, I love you Hines but it's time, Willie Gay, Chuck Batch, DD, J Cotchery and here is my surprise.... See what you can get in a trade for Mendenhall.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Leave it to the graphics man to come up with that avi! Lego Turnstyle.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information