Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Harrison offers sharp criticism on the season so far

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

James Harrison offers sharp criticism on the season so far

HOUSTON — A loss before the leaves have started changing colors doesn't usually provoke the kind of introspection that took place Sunday.

But James Harrison, while the sting from a 17-10 loss to the Houston Texans was still fresh, didn't just say the Steelers "played like garbage."

The All-Pro outside linebacker suggested that cracks may be forming in the Steelers' foundation.

"We've got to get something done because what we're doing is not working right now," Harrison said, his head slightly bowed, after the Steelers dropped to 2-2 and bolstered the Texans' argument for legitimacy. "We've got to get things shored up point-blank period. Whether it's changing this and changing that, I don't know, but we've got to do something because it's not working itself out right now."

That harsh analysis came after maybe the most disheartening and disconcerting defeat of the Mike Tomlin era since a 13-6 loss to the Cleveland Browns in December 2009.
    What happened at Reliant Stadium may not have been as lopsided or macabre as what happened last month in Baltimore. But since a season-opening loss to the Ravens, not stopping the run has gone from anomaly to trend after Arian Foster gashed the Steelers for 155 yards and the game-winning touchdown.

Well said James, soon the finger pointing will start and it will get ugly!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Well said James, soon the finger pointing will start and it will get ugly!
    The only way **** is gonna get done is if the players start calling some stuff out and it makes noise.

I watched the interview and he also said "We stink...we suck." Harrison doesn't pull punches and we all know he says whatever is on his mind. I agree with him right now. This team is stinking it up and something has to change.

C'mon MT, put us all at ease and show the fans that you are a competent HC; make the needed changes!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The bad thing is, nobody in the Steelers organization is going to take him seriously. Based on how he's shot his mouth off last year and during this past off season, they aren't real keen on listening to what he has to say at this point.

It's true though, we all know that, but I just hope somebody listens to him and the other players and start fixing some of the problems this team has. If that means different personnel, so be it. Adjust the scheme, do it! Whatever it takes.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    No **** captain obvious.......I'm so glad we have James Harrison to point this out to us all....lol

Finger pointing has already started. Woodley, Farrior/Foote and Aaron Smith are at the end of it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    A perturbed James Harrison suggests that if the Steelers defense cannot play better than it has, they must make some changes. He did not say who should be involved in those changes, but made it clear the defensive scheme is not to blame.

"Every man needs to do his job, take care of his responsibilities," Harrison fumed after the Houston Texans gouged his defense Sunday. "It's not the scheme, it's not other BS; it's each man doing his job, and, right now, every man is not doing his job, period."
    How's that?

"People are getting beat. You have to come out there and work the man who's in front of you, and we're not doing that right now."

Harrison pointed no fingers, at least not specifically, in the direction of any individuals.
    "They came out there and did what they had to do," Harrison said of the Texans, who beat the Steelers, 17-10, to drop them into a three-way tie for second with Cleveland and Cincinnati in the AFC North at 2-2.

"They executed, they got us up out of there, they opened up holes, they opened up gaps. We didn't do our job, and they did theirs. Give them all the credit.
    "Each man needs to nut up, look at himself and get in there and take care of his responsibilities. Each play is 11 individuals; if one person doesn't get the job done, it looks bad for the whole squad."

And then the four-time All-Pro linebacker came to his conclusion that something needs to change because he never has seen anything like it in games that count.
    "Worried? No," he said. "Concerned? Yeah. We have to get things shored up. Whether that's changing this and changing that, I don't know, but we have to get something done because it's not working so far.

"I haven't seen it like this, maybe a preseason game here and there, but not like this the way it's going right now."

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Finger pointing has already started. Woodley, Farrior/Foote and Aaron Smith are at the end of it.
    From within, that's when things will start to get ugly..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    From within, that's when things will start to get ugly..
    Things should be ugly...he's 100% correct!! I personally think Harrison did a good job the last 2 games...there is absoutely no fire in this team!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information