Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought "the standard is the standard"

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

I thought "the standard is the standard"

One of Tomlins favorite lines he sure dont live by it. Like a lot of u on here have been saying he rides with the veterans no matter what. Even if the rookies play better and have much more talent so........ Why aren't the veterans being held to this "standard that is the standard" come on tomlin give 55 97 96 33 23 and all the other young talented players that have proved they are capable.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by JShare86 View Post
    One of Tomlins favorite lines he sure dont live by it. Like a lot of u on here have been saying he rides with the veterans no matter what. Even if the rookies play better and have much more talent so........ Why aren't the veterans being held to this "standard that is the standard" come on tomlin give 55 97 96 33 23 and all the other young talented players that have proved they are capable.
    Tomlin's loyalty issues have long been an issue here at SA. I know with each of the players you've mentioned there is always something they "don't do well enough." My guess is that if we are sitting at .500 or worse after the next four games and Baltimore is still rolling, then you'll see some of these younger guys. Absolutely no reason for them not to be in at that point.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

The standard is the standard. The only problem is that the standard is too low.

Tomlin is a douche!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Fire Arians...

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Fire Arians...
    And that, I can count back 3 years when I first read your wise post stating this, lets hope someone higher up reads it and makes the move!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    I dont agree with or like a lot of the decisions Tomlin has made or some of his coaching style in particular his clock management over the last few years but Im not ready to sit here and bash the guy to death. The man has still been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 3 seasons and won 1 of them and has won the AFC North in 3 of the 4 seasons he has been the head coach and still might do it this season for a 4th time when all is said and done...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I dont agree with or like a lot of the decisions Tomlin has made or some of his coaching style in particular his clock management over the last few years but Im not ready to sit here and bash the guy to death. The man has still been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 3 seasons and won 1 of them and has won the AFC North in 3 of the 4 seasons he has been the head coach and still might do it this season for a 4th time when all is said and done...
    No Steelers fan can discount the things that Tomlin has accomplished in his young career. There are dozens of teams in the league that would to be in the Steelers position in any given year.

The Steelers loyalty to veterans goes back way before Tomlin ever got here. It's been that way since Cowher was here and it's the way the Rooney's like to do things. Steeler coaches don't like rookies, they don't trust them. It takes a lot for a young player, especially on defense, to crack the lineup for any reason other than injury to the starter. It's a mindset that's been part of the Steeler philosophy for decades to come.

and cowher spent how many years trying for a super bowl with the old vet theory...

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    The standard may be the standard, but with some old, and some subpar players we just cant get it done. The Oline, if it were one position we were weak at then the standard wouldnt be so hard to keep up with, but when your weak at over half the line????

And on defense if only one starter was to old, but when 4 or 5 are???

Sure I would love to see slyvester in there. I think Lewis did a good job yesterday. Worilds looked solid, Hoods been playing. Heyward??

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information