Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MRI reveals sprain, not break for Roethlisberger's foot; Tomlin expects Ben to play

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There should be no question, Ben is the toughest Quarterback in the NFL. For the second year in a row he's out there hobbling around in the pregame, barely able to even walk. Then he takes the field on offense and somehow finds a way to win. I'm sure the pain was incredible but he toughs it out because he knows this team needs him.

He's a leader and the heart and soul of this team on offense. You could make a serious case that Ben plays better hurt than he does when he's healthy.
    Yes you could make a case for that. Could it be that the rest of the team steps it up when they see him playing hurt and they relax when he's healthy?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I know Ben takes alot of heat for holding on to the ball too long, but he gets things done, thats his way. But to play through injuries like he does? You wouldnt hear Brady or manning playing through broken nose, sprained foot , etc.
    And im sure he wasnt going to miss Starks come back.
    Plus a broken foot last year.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I know he's seen hobbling around on the sidelines, but you also have to take into account how much the adrenaline kicks in during an actual play. Not trying to take away from anything he did, he obviously came through huge today and played through the pain, but that's just something to take into account. During one of my senior year volleyball practices, our coach made us spend the whole practice doing jumping drills, which aggravated the shin splints that I already had at the time. The next day for one of our big games, they were as bad as I can ever remember, and I suffered through a lot of shin splints in my volleyball days. Shin splints are nothing to be compared to a sprained foot, obviously, but I did my fair share of hobbling during the pregame, but for every play during the game I didn't even realize it hurt. Then between plays, I would hobble over to my next position. I'm sure the adrenaline kept his mind somewhat off the pain also during plays for Ben.

2nd String
    He is not only one of the toughest QB's, he is one of the toughest guys in the league. Even when he is injured, linebackers and lineman bounce off him routinely.

The Ravens forum, for whatever reason, call him a crybaby quite often. I have never heard him complain of injury. Mofo is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Great article BRC. And yes Ben has everything we love about our Steeler players. Heart, fight, determination, grit, toughness, and an iron will.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    The Ravens forum, for whatever reason, call him a crybaby quite often. I have never heard him complain of injury. Mofo is tough.
    Same reason the Capitals/Flyers fans maintain the "Crybaby Crosby" thing. Because he's good. And they know it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Let me see Flacco go out there and play with a busted nose, broken foot, and get sacked 6 times a game every week and then we'll see who's tough.

Fans like just continue to make themselves look stupid with retarded comments like that. Whether or not Ben is a "great" quarterback is reason to debate but whether or not he is tough if not up for debate, ever. The dude has proved countless times he can play through pain and be successful.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ravens fans also think that Ben milks the injury too much and is faking it half the time

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Ravens fans also think that Ben milks the injury too much and is faking it half the time
    Nobody ever said raven fans were smart. Some of the biggest morons I've ever dealt with.......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thread Information