Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MRI reveals sprain, not break for Roethlisberger's foot; Tomlin expects Ben to play

Bookmark and Share

MRI reveals sprain, not break for Roethlisberger's foot; Tomlin expects Ben to play

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70...titans-unclear

Ben Roethlisberger has a sprained left foot, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The sources, however, would not speculate on the quarterback's status for the Pittsburgh Steelers' game Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

A scan performed Monday on Roethlisberger's left foot was negative for a fracture, the sources said. An MRI on Sunday had indicated a possible fracture but the test was inconclusive because of swelling in the foot.

Roethlisberger on Sunday said his foot was injured on the second-to-last series of the Steelers' 17-10 loss to the Houston Texans when he was tackled from behind. He remained in the game but had trouble walking afterward in the locker room.

He was wearing a walking boot when he left the stadium.

He had an X-ray after the game, but said Sunday he didn't know the results.

"I don't know. I'm still worrying about this game," Roethlisberger said. "It's still too fresh in my mind to worry about next week yet."

Playing with a foot injury wouldn't be new for Roethlisberger. He played part of last season with a broken right foot.

"You know me -- if I can be out there, I'm going to be out there. That's so for next week, too," he said Sunday. "If I can do it and if I have to cast it up -- we saw I had to do that last year. I casted up my foot for the last half of the year. If we have to do it, I'll do it."

Roethlisberger was sacked five times Sunday, hit several other times and hurried throughout the day behind an injury-plagued offensive line.

Now he should break it by kicking everyone's *** on that o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    . Idk they seem to go down pretty easily. Probably would hurt them more than his foot.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    OMG THIS IS THE BEST COMMENT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is positive news. He'll wear that boot for a couple days this week and then I would imagine they'll try and cast/tape him up real good like last year and see how it goes.

Honestly I'm not real worried about Ben, I'm more concerned that if Charlie Batch had to come in, could he literally survive an entire game behind that line?

My only concern is sometimes, a sprain is worse than a break, depending o tne body part. SInce it is not an ankle, he should be OK for Sunday but they're gonna have to MAX PROTECT in order to keep him upright moving forward.

WOndering if Tomlin is going to call FLozell to play LT. Sh*t! Call me. I can do better than Trai Essux.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    My only concern is sometimes, a sprain is worse than a break, depending o tne body part. SInce it is not an ankle, he should be OK for Sunday but they're gonna have to MAX PROTECT in order to keep him upright moving forward.

WOndering if Tomlin is going to call FLozell to play LT. Sh*t! Call me. I can do better than Trai Essux.
    Sprained ankle is very different and a lot worse from a sprained foot. Sprained ankle could keep him out for a few months. This is very good news.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Sprained ankle is very different and a lot worse from a sprained foot. Sprained ankle could keep him out for a few months. This is very good news.
    Very much agree. This will nag him for the better part of the rest of the season, but it shoudn't keep him off the field.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Very much agree. This will nag him for the better part of the rest of the season, but it shoudn't keep him off the field.
    I believe it was either Crosby or Staal who had a sprained ankle a few years ago and they were out for like 4 months.

Think this will affect his throwing(ball sailing high on him)?

Thread Information