Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Around the AFC North - Week 4 Wrapup

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Around the AFC North - Week 4 Wrapup

Ravens crushed the Jets, 35-17. Sanchez was terrible, the Jets couldn't run to save their lives. The Baltimore defense was all over them from the get go. Had it not been for the kickoff return for a TD by the Jets it would have been even worse. They are playing well right now, clearly focused and confident.

Browns - Hillis was a non factor, and McCoy put it in the air 61 times for 350 yds! That's the sign of a team who can't run the ball is trying like hell to air it out. Hasselbeck was only 10-20 but he had 220 yds in the air and 3 TD's. Johnson had a 100 yd day and made the Browns defense look silly at times. They are still a work in progress but McCoy is the real deal.

Bengals - Cincy took down the Bills on a last second FG, 23-20. Dalton was 18-36 for 298 yds. 1 TD and 2 INT's. He's going to be up and down but he's got an upside to him for the Bengals. Cedric Benson had a 100 yd day. The Bills can score points but their defense has issues allowing too many points early most of the time. I'm not worried about the Bengals overall, they still have a ways to go.

Clearly the AFC North is a cluster right now and a total log jam. The Ravens are leading but nothing is for certain yet. The Browns and Bengals will win some games but it's still between us and Baltimore.

Came up with this new segment that I think will garner some interesting talk. An Around the AFC North each week. Talking about our rival teams games, their players, how we'll match up against them based on their improvement or lapses on a given week. Basically a way to keep tabs on the competition.

Seeing as the Ravens have now blown out both of last year's AFC Championship participants, I'd put my money on them winning the North at this point. I haven't seen ANY signs out of this team that they are ready to play serious playoff caliber football.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I agree with you SteelCity there is no reason for me to say as I see things now to say that the Steelers are a better overall football team then the Ravens at this point after 1 month because they simply arent. Now we are still only a quarter of the way through the season and a lot can happen, but at this point looking at the Ravens schedule up until the Steelers meet them again in 5 weeks on November 6th the Steelers pretty much had better win these next 3 games against the Titans and Jags at home and at Arizona and put their record at 5-2 before coming home for back to back games with the Patriots and Ravens. The Ravens next 3 games after the bye week are home with Houston, at the Jags,and Arizona at home so looking at that right there if the Texans dont beat the Ravens in 2 weeks the Ravens most likely are going to be 6-1 coming into Pittsburgh here in another month. So the Steelers really cannot afford to lose anymore games between now and the Patriots game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just heard a stat on Trib Live Radio. Flacco's QB rating in the Jets game last night was 37! If the Ravens don't score those 3 defensive TD's this game is a boring snooze fest of ineptness.

The Ravens defense is playing well, give them credit. However the Jets offense is pathetic and the Steelers offense has been bad. 2 teams that were supposed to be AFC favorites for the post season.

Flacco sucked the big one last night but did enough. Of course their D was disruptive as ever!!

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Dirty Sanchez cost me a FF win, he netted me a cool -4. Too bad I wasnt going against Flacco

[Sent from my CM7 T-Mobile G2 via Tapatalk]

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    Dirty Sanchez cost me a FF win, he netted me a cool -4. Too bad I wasnt going against Flacco

[Sent from my CM7 T-Mobile G2 via Tapatalk]
    Love the avatar man, hook a bro up!!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Love the avatar man, hook a bro up!!
    ROFL

It's a great avatar!

Need one of Jonathan Scott's jersey and a swinging gate.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Pissed at the Bills. Got me kicked out of my survival football league.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    ROFL

It's a great avatar!

Need one of Jonathan Scott's jersey and a swinging gate.

might be better as a sig, avy looses a lot of detail when scaled down. Best I can do on short notice lol.

Thread Information