Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL wants Ben to settle Lake Tahoe case

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

NFL wants Ben to settle Lake Tahoe case

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger missed a portion of Wednesday's practice for a conference call pertaining to the ongoing civil case in which he is one of nine co-defendants, according to a source.

Though the NFL has asked Roethlisberger to settle the case, stemming from from a rape accusation at a Lake Tahoe celebrity golf event in July 2008, Roethlisberger has steadfastly refused because he doesn't believe he did anything wrong.

Andrea McNulty, a former Harrah's VIP hostess, has accused the two-time Super Bowl winner of raping her in his penthouse suite in July 2008, when Roethlisberger was at Lake Tahoe for a celebrity golf tournament.

Her suit seeks a minimum of $440,000 in damages from Roethlisberger, at least $50,000 in damages from the Harrah's officials and an unspecified amount of punitive damages.
    Those who know Roethlisberger well believe he hasn't allowed the case to become a distraction, but the case took a bite out of Roethlisberger's practice schedule this week as the Steelers were preparing for Sunday's game versus the Houston Texans.
    The Steelers lost the game, 17-10, and Roethlisberger injured his left foot on the second-to-last series. He was wearing a walking boot after the game and neither Roethlisberger nor the Steelers knew the results of a postgame X-ray.
    From ESPN

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The fact that this case is still going on is a reflection on the **** poor legal system this country has a much as it is this chick asking for money to settle.

I have to say I'm proud of Ben for sticking to his guns and not just giving her "shutup" money to end this. At the same time though, taking time out of practice to deal with this some 2 years later is not a good thing either.

My Mood
    Addicted

..this woman is ridiculous.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben should not of put himself in this position, he will end up paying her something.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I think the judge hearing this case should be investigated, there's enough evidence showing that the woman is a whacko the case should be thrown out of court.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Impatient
    When the email she sent had the wrong date because it was 12:03 am and she wasnt smart enough to figure out that is the next day to a computer, she proved she is full of crap. I wouldnt settle, I dont care what the NFL wants. When has the NFL ever looked out for the Steelers or Ben?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    A. Correct. BR should not have gotten into this position, but we don't know the whole story.

B. This woman's credibility is a huge issue. Her case has more cracks than Roseanne Barr's ***.

C. Perhaps the pressure from the case (and the pressure from the poor O-line) are causing his performance to slip.

D. The NFL and the Commish have no business making any comment regarding this. Czar Goodell already suspended BR for his 'off-field behavior' and it should stop there from the League perspective.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    A. Correct. BR should not have gotten into this position, but we don't know the whole story.

B. This woman's credibility is a huge issue. Her case has more cracks than Roseanne Barr's ***.

C. Perhaps the pressure from the case (and the pressure from the poor O-line) are causing his performance to slip.

D. The NFL and the Commish have no business making any comment regarding this. Czar Goodell already suspended BR for his 'off-field behavior' and it should stop there from the League perspective.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the TV isn't broken don't fix it! I wouldn't give this skank a penny!!

My Mood
    no mood
    Ben shouldn't settle. Pretty much everyone in their right mind knows she is full of ****. If he settles then this will actually think her crazy *** was right.

On a side note I'm so sick of Goodell thinking he should telling everyone how to run their lives. Oh how I miss the days when unless some drastic happened the commissioner was in his bat cave watching the sport he loved. Furier Goodell feels the needs to dictate everyone lives in every waking moment. He feels the need to be in the spot light multiple times a day to promote his image as the undeniable dictator of the NFL.

Enough is enough already someone please over throw this moron before he ruins the sport we all love. His thirst for power continues as he wants to expand more games into Mexico and England. He sends the minions over to these countries to promote his image, and the fans who lose home games from this are the true victims. Unfortunatly most stay silent out of fear that the Furier will move thier team to another city out of punishment.

Oh and I guess now that I compared someone to Hitler I won't be singing any intro's on Monday Night Football. Back to my day job then...

/endrant

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Thread Information