Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where we stand

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    We beat the Colts...
    Yes a W is a W but it's the way we won...without Peyton we should have shut them out...it's the quality of our playing not the quantity...problem here is we can squeak thru and get to playoffs but then we play teams that will embarass us if we don't start playing better....Im not knocking us out..im just being reasonable. We are not playing Steelers football but it's not entirely the players fault.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    It would honesty be a blessing to go 4-12 we need high draft picks because the Rooneys are to cheap to go get a URFA, and most teams lock up there top LT and RT, we will be 20-25 million over the cap next year so change is coming but we don't need a major over hall, and i believe we can fix the problems with a great draft in 2012,plus Ben is hurt there is no need in getting him hurt any more by trying to play behind this O-Line, I say bring Mangini in as D-Coordinator and get a new O-Coordinator because we need new schemes as well,we will be ok if we have a loosing season this year they don't happen often in the Burgh.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    get a new O-Coordinator because we need new schemes as well
    Let Dixon play and have him run around like Cunningham did..

That will keep the pressure off the OL for a while.

Veteran
    It would honesty be a blessing to go 4-12 we need high draft picks because the Rooneys are to cheap to go get a URFA, and most teams lock up there top LT and RT, we will be 20-25 million over the cap next year so change is coming but we don't need a major over hall,
    How are they cheap if they are 20-25 million over the cap? They are spending money, lots and lots of money. As much money as the rules allow. And they just gave out a ton of big money contracts.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It would honesty be a blessing to go 4-12 we need high draft picks because the Rooneys are to cheap to go get a URFA,
    Ugh shut up. It is so annoying when people say that. After 2 losses (to 2 good teams, might I add), everyone is like well, let's cut our losses and lose out. Makes my blood boil. We honstly are the most spoiled fan base in the entire league. Got news for everyone here, the Steelers are not gonna be one of the top 3 teams every year. It's ridiculous how we're not having an amazing start, and people are already throwing in the towel. Give me a break.

Ugh shut up. It is so annoying when people say that. After 2 losses (to 2 good teams, might I add), everyone is like well, let's cut our losses and lose out. Makes my blood boil. We honstly are the most spoiled fan base in the entire league. Got news for everyone here, the Steelers are not gonna be one of the top 3 teams every year. It's ridiculous how we're not having an amazing start, and people are already throwing in the towel. Give me a break.
    If we are to spoiled why wouldnt we care if we went 4-12? I never said we will go 4-12 this season also. I know what your trying to bring up and it had nothing doing predicting going 4-12 or whatever. It was seeing what fans would think about boosting our Oline or win and make the playoffs when we cant beat good teams. Not arguing here just saying.

No one specifically, but in general, yes, fans do panic too quickly. 25% of the season is over, there are 12 games left. That's why I borrowed the term, "Overreaction Monday" and used it in a post. I wish they were playing better, but they're not. I do have faith in the Rooneys and the coaching staff (except Arians) that they will adjust accordingly and get this case of football diarreah out of their system.

This is how the defense is going this year "standard" wise.

1.Hampton-below
    2.Keisel-below
    3.Smith-below
    4.Farrior-below
    5.Timmons-MIA
    6.Ike-above
    7.Troy-above
    8.Harrison-above
    9.Woodley-below
    Gay/Lewis/-Above
    Ryan Clark-Above

The back are doing great job this year but noone else is tbh, thats why Im panicking. Ill look at it a different way if we see the younger blodd in there.

The D-line is not occupying blockers like it used to and therefore the LB's are getting caught up in the wash at the point of attack. Biggest problem is when an offense runs a stretch play and then cuts it back against the flow of pursuit, backside defenders (Woody and Troy) need to keep contain so RB's like Foster yesterday don't break off 40 yard TD's. Had they played their assignments yesterday, that would have been a 4 yard gain. Just lazy sloppy football - BUT CORRECTABLE.

Exactly, thank you. It's the beginning of a lockout threatened season so a lot of teams aren't up to par yet. If this was the last half and they were playing like this then ok but it's only been 4 games and there is plenty of time to improve.

--- Added 10/3/2011 at 06:14 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    The D-line is not occupying blockers like it used to and therefore the LB's are getting caught up in the wash at the point of attack. Biggest problem is when an offense runs a stretch play and then cuts it back against the flow of pursuit, backside defenders (Woody and Troy) need to keep contain so RB's like Foster yesterday don't break off 40 yard TD's. Had they played their assignments yesterday, that would have been a 4 yard gain. Just lazy sloppy football - BUT CORRECTABLE.
    Agreed. Ray Rice did the same thing Foster did. Also the D is having issues against stretch run plays. Play Heyward over Smith.

Thread Information