Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where we stand

Bookmark and Share
    if our new OL would have played together in four pre season games they would probably look better. they need some time to gel.. fire arians.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Yeah, everyone needs to calm down here. This team still has a huge chance to go 12-4, with 2 more losses to the Pats and Ravens. I don't understand how people even have a thought in their head that we're going to go 4-12 or 5-11 the rest of the season. Um, have you taken a look at our schedule? 4 games against the Browns and Bengals, the Rams, the 49ers. You can be pessimistic, but don't be dumb. The Steelers didn't lose to the awful teams here. They lost to the Ravens and a close game with the Texans, both teams predicted to go far into the playoffs. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture here. Don't be dumb.
    Yeah, there's no way they go 4-12. I anticipate losses to the Ravens and Patriots if nothing changes, plus an upset loss or two (they never play well in Arizona and the Bengals and Browns both play up to the Steelers). At worst, I could project a 10-6 record for the season with the possibility of going 12-4 if they can somehow right the ship.

Far too early in the season to give up. As pessimistic as I usually am, I think that some things can be turned around, particularly the defensive line's play and the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Yeah, there's no way they go 4-12. I anticipate losses to the Ravens and Patriots if nothing changes, plus an upset loss or two (they never play well in Arizona and the Bengals and Browns both play up to the Steelers). At worst, I could project a 10-6 record for the season with the possibility of going 12-4 if they can somehow right the ship.

Far too early in the season to give up. As pessimistic as I usually am, I think that some things can be turned around, particularly the defensive line's play and the pass rush.

Look for the Bengals to snag at least one win against us..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    Yeah, everyone needs to calm down here. This team still has a huge chance to go 12-4, with 2 more losses to the Pats and Ravens. I don't understand how people even have a thought in their head that we're going to go 4-12 or 5-11 the rest of the season. Um, have you taken a look at our schedule? 4 games against the Browns and Bengals, the Rams, the 49ers. You can be pessimistic, but don't be dumb. The Steelers didn't lose to the awful teams here. They lost to the Ravens and a close game with the Texans, both teams predicted to go far into the playoffs. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture here. Don't be dumb.
    I didnt hear anybody sitting here saying 4-12 or 5-11 but there needs to be a sense of urgency on the Steelers part to win these next 3 games with the Titans,Jags,and Cards and be 5-2 headed into the Pats and Ravens games at Heinz Field back to back weeks. The Ravens schedule is not that tough the next month or so so if the Steelers are counting on them losing 2 or 3 games and getting help it's not going to happen. You gotta be able to take care of your own business and stay within a game or at worst 2 games back of them headed into the rematch on November 6th...

My Mood
    Chatty
    Colts with no Peyton????? Not awful???? Child please....

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

I say lucky to end the season 8-8...

--- Added 10/3/2011 at 11:21 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Maybe he meant not awful against our terrible team..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    We beat the Colts...

Overreation Monday. Let's keep it together here. The point of no return for the Steelers is 7 losses. Once they get 7 losses, they're done. Until then, they have as much chance as anyone in the AFC because it is WIDE OPEN. You guys know better that it doesn't matter what your seeding is in the playoffs, just get in and go from there.

I'm just as upset as the next guy about the way they have been playing but I also realize this: If they were playing mistake free football and still losing, then I would accept it, but playing the way they are, turnovers, not stopping the run, and the line blocking like matadors, they can't get much worse, but they can get a lot better.

Keep your heads up, there's 12 games left.

--- Added 10/3/2011 at 11:26 AM ---

Defense wasn't the problem vs the colts.

My Mood
    Addicted
    ^^ new favorite term. "Overreaction Monday"

While I was not impressed with the play against the Colts, you could tell that team was fired up. Everybody was picking against them and they were playing at home at prime time: The perfect time for a team to show it isn't a pushover. The Steelers won that game and that's all that matters right now.

I hate when Tomlin says his typical style points remark, but it's true. A win is a win, and there is not a dramatic difference in the talent level of one team versus another. To be honest, I came into this season expecting the team to lose there, so even without Manning, it's better than I had hoped. As a matter of fact, the record is about what I anticipated coming in, only I would have hoped the team would have played cleaner football in each of the first four games.

Both lines currently need work. The defensive line is not showing any promise, so it's time to get the younger guys involved. I actually am very confident in Hood, Heyward and McClendon and think that these guys could right the ship in the run game and free up the linebackers for more of a pass rush. I am simply hoping the coaches agree with that at some point before it's too late.

The offensive line needs Adams back. I really think that's the only way to rectify these issues: Solidify the right side with Adams, put Gilbert in at LT and keep a TE on his side to help him block. Gilbert has actually done a good job forcing pass rushers around the pocket, but with weak play by both tackles, Ben keeps stepping right into pressure. If one side is fixed and someone is left to assist the tackle on the other side, the o-line could make a drastic turn for the better.

I am crossing my fingers that the coaches change before the season truly is over, because as crazy as it might sound right now, the team has a legitimate shot at the playoffs if there is a rebound.

Thread Information