Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we stand

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    no mood

Where we stand

Watching the Jets getting whooped up on by the Ravens. To think we just played them in the Championship game and they are about to fall to 1-3. Philly is also stinking it up. Next couple of weeks for us is going to be gut check time. Should get interesting to see some what is going to happen with these better teams that are in the gutter now.

Well to be honest "It is what it is" we are in last place in the AFC North. We dug ourselves in this hole, and its time to climb out or just have the caretaker start pouring in the dirt. We finally get some home games that are tough but winnable, so lets see what happens.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Ravens
    Bengals
    Steelers, Browns tied

We are close to being the worse team in the AFCN.

Deep in Enemy Territory 70 miles North of Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We are close to being the worse team in the AFCN.
    Woo-Hoo !!!

My Mood
    no mood
    Actually they have a better conference record atm so technically they are ahead for now. Its all on how you look at it, but I prefer to be on the bottom. They either climb on up or sit there. You would have thought the Baltimore game would have provided incentive, unfortunately the haven't played very well yet.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Gotta win these next 3 games with the Titans and Jags at home and at Arizona before the Patriots and Ravens come in here at the end of October and the beginning of November. A 3rd loss anytime before that Patriots game is going to make winning this division and catching the Ravens that much more tougher then it already is now...

The way the Rats dismantled the Jets last night they're going to be in the thick of things at the end, this oline we have is no match right now! Our goose is cooked!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Next 3 games are huge, but far from as winnable as one might think. The Titans are 3-1 and beat the team that dismantled us. Jacksonville can still play defense and if they get MJD rolling our run defense is in trouble and lastly, you have the Cardinals. We never seem to play well there and they will no doubt try throwing all over the place and we no pass rush. The least of my worries is NE or Balt because we have our work cut out for us ahead of them.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Chatty
    I wouldnt' even be worried about our 2-2 record if were at least losing close games...How many penalties on Houston and we still couldn't capitalize on that???
    I'm worried about Tennessee and even a bit about Arizona....Pats and Ravens..child please....... but we HAVE to win the next 3 games or we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Where we stand right now is that we are a 2-2 team. There are 8 other teams with that record and 2 in our own division.

Clearly we are not out of it, clearly the Steelers can certainly get hot and still the win the division. Clearly they should not panic.

Even more clearly though is the problems that this team has and not so clear is if they can actually bounce back. Can they find an offensive line combination that works? Can the defensive line start playing better?

The games coming up until the break don't get any easier but they are winnable if this team can get it's act together. Until they prove they can overcome their age on the defensive line, until Hood can step up and play better, until the offensive line can play better than a high school team, it won't get better.

This is a veteran team, can they dig deep and find a way to overcome themselves? In the past they could but can they this year?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yeah, everyone needs to calm down here. This team still has a huge chance to go 12-4, with 2 more losses to the Pats and Ravens. I don't understand how people even have a thought in their head that we're going to go 4-12 or 5-11 the rest of the season. Um, have you taken a look at our schedule? 4 games against the Browns and Bengals, the Rams, the 49ers. You can be pessimistic, but don't be dumb. The Steelers didn't lose to the awful teams here. They lost to the Ravens and a close game with the Texans, both teams predicted to go far into the playoffs. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture here. Don't be dumb.

Thread Information