Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Offensive line.
    The offensive line was offensive.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    More Redman? That worked, and then more. 3 step drops? Shorter routes. Just saying.
    Yeah. Redman was in in the second half and ran wild. And then we got down with one timeout left and not a lot of time to score. Not many things you can do with that scenario.

Yeah. Redman was in in the second half and ran wild. And then we got down with one timeout left and not a lot of time to score. Not many things you can do with that scenario.
    Its ok. We will be celebrating this coming offseason when we dont resign arians.

Arians simply doesn't call plays that trick defenses or help weak spots. Running the ball worked for a while and instead of possibly using the play action, he just kept running until it got stuffed then ran some more. Passing, well heck, unless its 30 yards down field, it isn't worth the time. And we all know the line can hold blocks for four or five seconds before letting Ben have it.

I place most of the blame on awful o-line play, but predictable play calling and a gameplan that does not help with weaknesses are the fault of an inept OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Arians simply doesn't call plays that trick defenses or help weak spots. Running the ball worked for a while and instead of possibly using the play action, he just kept running until it got stuffed then ran some more. Passing, well heck, unless its 30 yards down field, it isn't worth the time. And we all know the line can hold blocks for four or five seconds before letting Ben have it.

I place most of the blame on awful o-line play, but predictable play calling and a gameplan that does not help with weaknesses are the fault of an inept OC.
    You cant run PA when the line is this bad. Ben would probably turn around and get smacked in the face

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    You cant run PA when the line is this bad. Ben would probably turn around and get smacked in the face
    In the third quarter, the Texans were teeing off on the run and bringing in safeties and linebackers. Fake the handoff and hit a quick read for a big play. No wait, screw that. That would make sense. Run the ball into the line again.

No huddle b4 half = 7

Come out after half same lame **** = 3

**** poor once again Bruce! You need 7 yards and you try to hit on a 30 yard play, **** poor play calling!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    BA did alright this game. I want more Redman, Wallace (if the line holds up better), and Antonio Brown. AB had some great adjustments to the ball in this game. Something even Wallace is still working on.

Rookie Free Agent
    Im not a fan of BA at all but the Steelers fundamentals are so **** poor that play calling is inconsequential.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This isn't the game to comment on Arians bad playcalling. He actually did alright today.
    I agree. Arians is not the reason the Steelers lost this game. Neither is the secondary, who we also like to blame a lot. This one falls on the defense for not playing well at all. Flashes here and there from guys like Troy, or a 1/4 of play where they step up is not sufficient. You need 60 minutes of football like they played in the 3rd quarter today.

Arians can call a perfect game but if the line doesn't block, you don't win.

Thread Information