Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defensive blame falls on the guys you love the most

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    It's mostly the line. They are getting blown off the ball and doing nothing to plug up the holes so the backers can make plays. Plus Farrior is looking really old and slow. Put Sylvester in there; can't do much worse.
    I think this is the time for Sylvester. He's going to need to play sooner than later. Get him reps now, there's no way he'd be worse. He'd get burned because of inexperience, but Farrior gets burned due to lack of speed. Trade one for the other and go with the guy who has upside.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last we heard from sources inside the Steelers facility, Sylvester is not near ready yet. If he were he'd be in there instead of Foote. Perhaps the Steelers love for veterans would keep him out anyways but based on his preseason he's still got a ways to go before he can be counted on to make plays at ILB.

When the defensive line can't get the job done, the Steelers linebackers can't do theirs. Simple as that.

Deep in Enemy Territory 70 miles North of Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I place the majority of the blame on 98 and 91: They don't occupy blocks, they don't collapse the pocket and they don't stop the run. I love both of these guys, but they look like five years passed between last season and this year.
    x2. No push at all this year. NONE!

How could it fall off from just (1) off season ???

--- Added 10/2/2011 at 09:20 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    the front office could draft a stud NT coming up and we'd move on with life.
    Ever heard of McClendon ?

My Mood
    Doubtful
    First quarter of season over. Team on life-support. Prognosis going forward? Bleak. Scoring inability persists. Sadly, Steelers no longer in upper echelon of league. Can still beat bottom dwellers, but can't compete with elite teams at this point. Getting beat bad at line of scrimmage...a virtual unknown for years in Steelerville. That was our game....and it seems to have passed us by. If Ben hurt bad, season over.
    STEELSPIKES

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Last we heard from sources inside the Steelers facility, Sylvester is not near ready yet. If he were he'd be in there instead of Foote. Perhaps the Steelers love for veterans would keep him out anyways but based on his preseason he's still got a ways to go before he can be counted on to make plays at ILB.
    That may be true, however, how's he going to learn if he doesn't get at least a few reps? I feel very strongly that you learn more by doing than by watching.

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    There wouldn't be any drop off in play if they did retire.
    Are you kidding me?
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Cool
    Yesterday before the game Boomer said that Houston would have trouble because the Steeler defense was a step above what they were used to playing against. Today, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    55 getting burned is no different than 51 getting burned; 97 getting blown off the ball is no different than 91 getting blown off the ball. I would rather see guys who actually have upside out on the field instead of guys who are not performing this year and will more than likely not be on the roster next year. Is it better to let these young guys sit on the bench and get the trial by fire next season when they are the starters, or do you give these youngsters opportunities to step up early in the season?

It can't be worse than it is right now, as much as that hurts to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    Did you watch Smith, Hampton, Farrior, Foote? They are old and slow add the fact they they cannot tackle, they're useless get them the F out of the game...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hampton still held his own he was not the problem he has been solid since day one for us, A.Smith and Z.Hood were the ones getting abuse C.Heyward also, but after re watching the game it is clear we are our own worse enemy, the unnecessary penalties hurt us bad, and as bad as the O-Line played we still could of won that game, the miss tackles on defense, J.Worilds did play ok when he was in there, this is why i'm ok if we have a bad year and go 4-12 because we don't have to totally rebuild our team we just need to plug a few holes on offense and defense.

Thread Information