Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defensive blame falls on the guys you love the most

Bookmark and Share
    I HATE that our LB's seem to be running more left and right than hitting the gaps. Not that the d-line is opening a whole lot of them, but they are still waiting on the RBs to get past the d-line before the tackle them instead of meeting them at the LOS.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    no mood
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Hampton? I think Hampton still has a few years left in him.
    Normally I would agree, but he lost some strength and keeps getting chopped blocked out of the play. Regardless if they keep chopping him his knees won't make it the whole season.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    At least Smith had a couple nice tackles. Im not impressed with Hood yet! And Hampton, see yah!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Hampton? I think Hampton still has a few years left in him.

I thought the same thing heading into this season. He played very well last year and I figured if we could get 1 or 2 more years out of him the front office could draft a stud NT coming up and we'd move on with life.

The Big Snack clearly though has been looking slow. Perhaps the increased but blocking has him playing tentative, or perhaps he's just running out of gas against the zone blocking run attack that he is facing.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I will say this though I thought Worlids did a good job filling in for Harrison, I was almost bummed to see harrison come back.

And lets not forget that Hamptons backup Hoke is also 35 and probably done. We could have 5 defenses palyers retire! Not sure we are ready for that,

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I will say this though I thought Worlids did a good job filling in for Harrison, I was almost bummed to see harrison come back.

And lets not forget that Hamptons backup Hoke is also 35 and probably done. We could have 5 defenses palyers retire! Not sure we are ready for that,
    There wouldn't be any drop off in play if they did retire.

The guys I love the most are Troy Polamalu, Lawrence Timmons and James Harrison.

I don't think any of those guys are to blame. Can you imagine if Troy was out of the lineup right now? Holy ****. He seems like the only guy on defense not named Ike playing to his potential. I can't believe how much some of you guys were saying he was the last priority.

I told you guys a long time ago that Woodley was overrated. He's doing absolutely nothing to help the team win.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Joe Bendell was talking about this on Cooler Talk on the Steelers Radio Network. It pains you to say it, you hate to admit it, you feel bad for even thinking it but those guys that have seemed to be rock solid for so long just aren't able to get it done anymore.

Now the season isn't over yet and maybe the veteran leadership rallies, we'll wait and see on that. However, reality is reality folks, they ain't gettin any younger and at a time of the year when you think they should be fresh, they clearly are overmatched.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Aaron Smith went down in the game, had to be carted off. Cam Heyward came in for a good part of the 2nd half and finished the game. Perhaps this will lead to a silver lining down the road with the extra playing time he's going to get.

I should clarify that I didn't mean Harrison was old and washed up necessarily like I mentioned earlier. I was just lumping him in with the group of guys that are older and clearly not able to perform like they once were. Harrison is still coming back from surgery so he gets a bit of a pass, but still, he is not without blame.

Veteran
    It's mostly the line. They are getting blown off the ball and doing nothing to plug up the holes so the backers can make plays. Plus Farrior is looking really old and slow. Put Sylvester in there; can't do much worse.

Thread Information