Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Positive

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Be Positive

I read many negative posts during that game day thread. Not constructive criticisms, but just flat out negative commentary. Purely reactionary in nature.

I think this is a transitional year for the Steelers. I am confident they will make adjustments for next year; they do not have a choice. Other teams in the conference have been rebuilding, and we have essentially remained unchanged.

I am confident we will make the playoffs, but I am pretty sure we will fall short. No sweat.

I am no expert, but my prediction on this board for the game was the Texans score some points, and we score a few less with much fanfare, anguish, struggle, etc. And with no surprise to me, that is what happened.

We all know the OL needs work on many levels. Lets focus on what this line can do as opposed to name calling and ignorance. We can expect some wins this year, and some losses.

On a positive note, did you see that catch Miller made? That was the play of the game!

Heck, I don't even know who we play next week . . . .

Until Tomlin shows an effort to make improvements and personnel moves, you're going to hear the same story over and over. No quarterback in the league should be protected by that offensive line.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    its either the Titans or Jags....We play the AFC South for four straight weeks........

I saw positives in the game, I'll watch the games.. I think the Steelers will be over .500 this season, they are still a top 15 team. But only the top 12 make the playoffs. I think they need to put more effect to get to that point, or they will be that 13th team looking in.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quite honestly, it shouldn't have to be a transitional year for this team. Had they taken care of business in past offseasons by fixing the offensive line and getting young, good players on defense, they could easily be much more competitive against good team. 2-2 is all well and good, but in reality this team has played like 1-3.

There's always room to be positive, and I will never say die. The fact is this team has gotten old and it remains to be seen if they can dig deep and get back on track.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    If the Steelers miss the play-off then they better tank the season to get a higher pick.....I know not everybody will agree with me but we need an impact OL and I would say a LT badly so the best way to do that is by getting a top 5-10 pick.....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If the Steelers miss the play-off then they better tank the season to get a higher pick.....I know not everybody will agree with me but we need an impact OL and I would say a LT badly so the best way to do that is by getting a top 5-10 pick.....
    Oh, I agree. It's much needed.

I have a feeling this team could end the season with a winning record; however, I have zero faith that they can beat any competitive teams at this point. Predictable play calling and awful play by both lines = Ain't no Super Bowl this year.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was about to start a thread like this but my head is spinning from writing on the other 2198403284 threads already.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    No quarterback in the league should be protected by that offensive line.
    Correction. There was no quarterback protection.

Thread Information