Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers run game needs Isaac Redman

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I don't know how you judge how well a guy can run when he only get's 3 carries in 1 1/2 games. There's no chance for redemption. No chance to get into the game. There's no way that you can assume that he would only gain a yard a carry if he became a starter, seeing as he gained almost 7 yards a carry today.
    Here's how I know, because he runs straight a head. He doesn't run around anyone. Mendy will lose yards from dancing around, but he can also get big yards bouncing to the outside, it's like a risk reward situation.

Redman wont do this, he runs down hill straight ahead. This line sucks. When Arians calls a run up the gut and there is no hole, Redman is useless, he'll run into his own linemen and fall down.

But when Arians calls a play to the right where the left guard and tight end pull to that side to help create some holes, Redman, and even Moore have had success. This is a play that the Steelers have used since the 90's. Arians has adopted it, but he rarely calls it.

People think Redman is actually shoving defensive linemen out of the way, he's not, he's just been running straight ahead and when there happens to be a hole there, he has success... He is a very good runner when he's in the open field, but he is no better than an average running back in the backfield and he just runs into his offensive linemen and falls to the ground.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisoneguy555 View Post
    Here's how I know, because he runs straight a head. He doesn't run around anyone. Mendy will lose yards from dancing around, but he can also get big yards bouncing to the outside, it's like a risk reward situation.

Redman wont do this, he runs down hill straight ahead. This line sucks. When Arians calls a run up the gut and there is no hole, Redman is useless, he'll run into his own linemen and fall down.

But when Arians calls a play to the right where the left guard and tight end pull to that side to help create some holes, Redman, and even Moore have had success. This is a play that the Steelers have used since the 90's. Arians has adopted it, but he rarely calls it.

People think Redman is actually shoving defensive linemen out of the way, he's not, he's just been running straight ahead and when there happens to be a hole there, he has success... He is a very good runner when he's in the open field, but he is no better than an average running back in the backfield and he just runs into his offensive linemen and falls to the ground.
    I'm pretty sure you're proving my point and not your own..

Redman ran for 40 yards on 6 carries today. I don't understand how you can dispute what's right in front of you.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Mendy is soft! He started playing harder last season the went back to his old self

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Redman's running style leads you to believe through common sense and what he's done on the field that he is the answer right now. I certainly am not writing off Rashard Mendenhall or saying he should be cut. He's done well as the workhorse for this team since he's gotten here. His running style though doesn't work well with a line as bad as this one is.

Even last year, the line was in trouble but the guys that came in were able to atleast get a decent push in the run game and he was able to use his athletic ability to make plays. He can't even get started because he's trying to do too much instead of taking what little he's being given. Stop the dancing and hit the hole. Redman does it, and Rashard needs to as well. A 1-2 punch is all well and good but right now we're only at a 1 punch.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Mendy is soft! He started playing harder last season the went back to his old self
    I've been screaming for his all along....Mendy can't run through a wet paper bag this season....Im loving what Redman can do so far...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    A 1-2 punch is all well and good but right now we're only at a 1 punch.
    Not even a 1 punch. Like a .5 punch.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Not even a 1 punch. Like a .5 punch.
    Our running game was non existent until Redman came in...

Didnt I start a thread about this Mendenhall/Redman thing lol? You guys already know who I wanted to start

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Didnt I start a thread about this Mendenhall/Redman thing lol? You guys already know who I wanted to start
    REDMAN...REDMAN....REDMAN!!!!

My Mood
    Fight
    Exactlly what i have been saying for a while now, Mendy is scared to hit the hole lacks toughness
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Thread Information