Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers run game needs Isaac Redman

Bookmark and Share
    I'm pretty sure the offensive line just hates Mendenhall. There were no holes for him ALL game, then Redman comes in and there's a hole that Max Starks would've gained 10 yards on. Honestly, I don't get it.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisoneguy555 View Post
    Still, putting Redman as the starter wont get him yards if there is no hole.
    There were no holes in the first half, but there were some huge holes in the 2nd half, even Moore basically walked through a couple bit ones.

Running backs have to be talented to get 4+ yards a carry when the offensive line sucks.

Arians called some plays where he had a tight end and a guard pull from the left side to the right side to help create the holes. Arians did not call this type of play in the first half, and has rarely called this type of play in general. That huge run in overtime against the falcons last year was the exact same play that Moore and Redman had their 15+ yard runs.
    Then I guess Redman is pretty damn talented.

Well your wish has been granted. Mendenhall has suffered a Hamstring so I doubt he'll be back next week.

I've always been a big Mendenhall supporter, and while he does not get ANY help from the o-line, he does not play well at all currently. Redman at least gain yards from time to time.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Still, putting Redman as the starter wont get him yards if there is no hole.
    There were no holes in the first half, but there were some huge holes in the 2nd half, even Moore basically walked through a couple bit ones.

Running backs have to be talented to get 4+ yards a carry when the offensive line sucks.

Arians called some plays where he had a tight end and a guard pull from the left side to the right side to help create the holes. Arians did not call this type of play in the first half, and has rarely called this type of play in general. That huge run in overtime against the falcons last year was the exact same play that Moore and Redman had their 15+ yard runs.
    I never said make him the starter, but give him more reps ESP on short yardage instead of empty backfield throws on damn near every 3rd and short...mendy doesn't have the strength or bulk to push a pile

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    I never said make him the starter, but give him more reps ESP on short yardage instead of empty backfield throws on damn near every 3rd and short...mendy doesn't have the strength or bulk to push a pile
    Agree again here. Not calling for Mendy's head at all, but he definitely shouldn't still be getting 90% of the carries. A mix of Moore, Mendy, and Redman can be dynamite if it's used right.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Then I guess Redman is pretty damn talented.
    No, he's alright, but he's no Barry Sanders.

In the first half and last week, he had as crappy of a time running as Mendy. Why? Because there were no holes. IF he was super talented he would have done better than Mendy, not the same.

Mendy had that big touchdown run on in the 2nd half, it was very good blocking. Also for most part of the 3rd quarter, the offensive line was blocking very well in the running game. Not because of talent, but because they weren't running up the gut, they were running around that, using different and exotic blocking schemes.

I did not see any player were Redman was running around that offensive line like he was Barry sanders, he was running the same plays as Moore and Mendy, he had the same success on the same plays they had success on and he had the same failures on the same plays they had failures on.

My Mood
    Addicted

In the first half and last week, he had as crappy of a time running as Mendy. Why? Because there were no holes. IF he was super talented he would have done better than Mendy, not the same.
    I'm not sure what game you were watching, but I'm pretty sure last week and in the first half today Redman got a total of like 4 carries.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I'm not sure what game you were watching, but I'm pretty sure last week and in the first half today Redman got a total of like 4 carries.
    4 carries for like 6 yards. He had negative yardage up until the play right before the field goal last week where he had like a 3-4 yard run.

I can guarantee you that if he had 10-15 carries last week, it would have been for about 10-15 yards.

My Mood
    Addicted

Mendy had that big touchdown run on in the 2nd half, it was very good blocking. Also for most part of the 3rd quarter, the offensive line was blocking very well in the running game. Not because of talent, but because they weren't running up the gut, they were running around that, using different and exotic blocking schemes.

I did not see any player were Redman was running around that offensive line like he was Barry sanders, he was running the same plays as Moore and Mendy, he had the same success on the same plays they had success on and he had the same failures on the same plays they had failures on.
    Last week mendy was 18 for 37
    Redman was 3 for 6...

3 carries a game is **** poor given mendy was running poorly

My Mood
    Addicted
    4 carries for like 6 yards. He had negative yardage up until the play right before the field goal last week where he had like a 3-4 yard run.

I can guarantee you that if he had 10-15 carries last week, it would have been for about 10-15 yards.
    I don't know how you judge how well a guy can run when he only get's 3 carries in 1 1/2 games. There's no chance for redemption. No chance to get into the game. There's no way that you can assume that he would only gain a yard a carry if he became a starter, seeing as he gained almost 7 yards a carry today.

Thread Information