Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers run defense not respected anymore

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Heyward was in the game yesterday. When Aaron Smith got carted off, Heyward came in and got some valuable experience against one of the best offensive lines in football right now. Heyward is not going to unseat Brett Keisel when he comes back. Brett was clearly missed and is by they need him back in a big way.

Teams are running a lot of traps and stunts against the Steelers run defense. Normally they can combat that but this year for whatever reason it's getting the best of them.

Rookie Free Agent SteelCurtain17's Avatar
    I think this defense hasn't lost respect yet. It's just not at that point yet. They showed they can stop the run more in the second half of the texans game even though they have played like crap all season. If their play continues like this the rest of the season then i might consider saying the rush defense is no longer respected.
    Fan4Life

Deep in Enemy Territory 70 miles North of Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Teams are running a lot of traps and stunts against the Steelers run defense. Normally they can combat that but this year for whatever reason it's getting the best of them.
    IMHO, Teams are Chop blocking Big Snack like crazy this year. Much more so than in the past.

Put Casey on the ground with a chop block and the middle collapses and up goes thru the RB. Works nearly everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    this year is reminding me more and more of '88.

the steelers go 6-10, Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling(G.L.O.W.), Alf, GI Joe, my feathered mullet, chain wallet, leather jacket, high top reeboks, and that Metal up your *** t-shirt that almost got me suspended. lol

where DID i put that Appetite for Destruction tape?
    Leather jacket? no way, give me the jean jacket with the Iron Maiden logo on the back
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    Leather jacket? no way, give me the jean jacket with the Iron Maiden logo on the back
    i'd just rip the arms off and wear it over the leather. and switch out the iron maiden with Slayer. not that i dislike iron maiden, theyre just a little less "thrashy" than i went for back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    i'd just rip the arms off and wear it over the leather. and switch out the iron maiden with Slayer. not that i dislike iron maiden, theyre just a little less "thrashy" than i went for back then.
    Kerry King is lame.

Give me Testament or eXodus.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Kerry King is lame.

Give me Testament or eXodus.

ye blaspheme my good sir. though i did rather like testament myself. souls of black was one of my favorite albums. still... kerry was and is a badass.

we get keisel in there, and start inserting cam heyward and sly i think everything will be fine run defnese wise.

btw idk if you guys notice this yet....but hood is ****ing terrible. having 4 good games at the end of last year wasnt enough to sell me on him and hes back to being blown off the ball and playing way too finesse for a 5 tech.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yes, Hood has been a disappointment this year. Last year he started out slow and then really found his stride midway through the season. Maybe he's just a guy that takes 6-8 games each year before he really starts to figure things out? lol

Sly has gotten virtually no playing time, in preseason he was over pursuing so bad it wasn't even funny. Our run defense is bad enough, if he gets in there and starts doing that stuff it's going to be even worse.

I would like to see what Heyward can do, he was tossing guys around left and right in preseason.

hood was terrible for more like 12-13 games last year, he wasnt really doing anything but being embarrassed until the ravens game late in the year.

hes always gonna be a 43 DT, he just istna 5 tech, they need to make him put on 20 pounds and play NT otherwise were stuck with a mediocre player playing a position we need better at

Thread Information