Thread: A follow up to what I wrote about Cowher sabotaging the head coaching position...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

A follow up to what I wrote about Cowher sabotaging the head coaching position...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07014/753766-66.stm

Bill Cohwer never endorsed Ken Whisenhunt or Russ Grimm? Something seems a little fishy here, maybe Cohwer feels as though his legacy would be tarnished if one of them got the job, and then did much better than he ever did? Also, why would Art Rooney II pay close attention to anything Bill Cohwer says anyway? Especially if there was some resentment amongst the two of them, I watched that news conference myself, I think it was totally unprofessional of Cowher not to acknowledge Art Rooney the II. I hope the The Rooney's make the right choice, I sure hope that Bill Cowher perception is totally irrelevant too. This whole search for a new Head Coach is starting to worry me a little. This article does not make sense at all. Cohwer endorsing Chan Gailey, not Russ nor Whisenhunt? Has anyone in Pittsburgh heard anything?

**** Cowher
    **** Ken
    **** Gailey

My Mood
    Chatty
    Wow..this is so horrible...maybe we will never really know the truth of what happened with Cowher and the Rooneys and why he didn't mention either Russ or Ken..all this gives me a headache but this was a really good article!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It only added credence to the fact that Cowher grew cold toward Art Rooney near the end of the season and barely talked to him. Perhaps it had something to do with contract negotiations, since Art conducted them for the club. It might also have had something to do with a close associate of Cowher saying, "It didn't have to end
    I think money has everything to do with it. Art Sr. has the ultimate say over everything and if he didn't feel it was right to give Cowher as big an extension and that type of money then Im sure BC got upset atleast in some way.

This whole process is just pissing me off to no end. Im willing to wait for the right candidate but all this back stabbing talk is just driving me nuts !

There are alot of potential good assitants out there that could be good head coaches but many of them are still in the playoffs so they are off limits. We've got good candidates in front of us right now, and no not Gailey or Sherman either, there can't be that much wrong with any of them that they couldn't make a good HC for us.

Thread Information