Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall blames Arians

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I still don't understand that sentence haha. Bruce Arians plays that are called that matches what we have?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I still don't understand that sentence haha. Bruce Arians plays that are called that matches what we have?
    What he means is what I said in another thread. BA needs to call the plays (running or passing) according to the strengths of each player and what it is they specialize in doing offensively, or what the defense exposes as a weekness that you can capitalize on offensively. Basicly he is saying BA's play calling is terrible and he is pissed that the man can not think past the "game plan."

Arians would call the same plays up in the booth, down on the field or behind a brick wall. He has no sense of feel for the flow of a game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mendy is right again

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    What he means is what I said in another thread. BA needs to call the plays (running or passing) according to the strengths of each player and what it is they specialize in doing offensively, or what the defense exposes as a weekness that you can capitalize on offensively. Basicly he is saying BA's play calling is terrible and he is pissed that the man can not think past the "game plan."
    Im with Babe..I really didn't understand it either until you explained here. That definatley makes sense.....I mean does BA REALLY watch game film after each game? He can't possbily do that..his playing calling is horrendous! Especially when the game is on the line.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

“We’ll never know what really happened,” Mendenhall said. “I just have a hard time believing a coordinator could take a offense down with his play calling.”

Mendenhall also expresses sympathy for BA. “What kind of person celebrates an unpredictable offense ?” Mendenhall says. “It’s amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side.”
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I dont care how many carries he gets, this past week he was unproductive, dancing around not hitting the hole hard like two years ago. Mendy man up play hard no matter how many carries, if we would have been productive running the ball, then we would have ran more

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    “We’ll never know what really happened,” Mendenhall said. “I just have a hard time believing a coordinator could take a offense down with his play calling.”

Mendenhall also expresses sympathy for BA. “What kind of person celebrates an unpredictable offense ?” Mendenhall says. “It’s amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side.”

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post

Well... we have 6 receviers that can run slants and cross routes and catch like anything thrown thier way, plus run after the catch and make massive yards. maybe not hines as much anymore.

so, we see maybe one play a game like that and usually for big yards. so instead of doing that more often with multiple recviers and stretch the field to help mendy, we do "deep" routes and run up the middle just to make sure we are fighting 8 in the box all day.

i can understand holding back on slants and crosses before the new rules of taking a receivers head off..that slants and cross routes shortend the recievers life span. it is a bit easier in todays game. welker is still walking... he has 25 slant routes and catches every game..

did the rules start changing after clark flattend welker????

Arians needs to let someone else call the plays.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    It's a system flaw, it's predictable playcalling, it's poor execution, it's mediocre talent in the blocking game.

I respect the fact that Mendenhall did it tastefully and took the high road.

That's pretty much it right there in a nutshell. Ignoring the offensive line for far too long, a coordinator that eats, sleeps, and breathes the same play calls every single week in the same situations, and guys who just aren't talented enough or concentrating enough to execute what's being asked.

Thread Information