Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor vs Andre Johnson

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Ike Taylor vs Andre Johnson

This will be one of the big matchups of the day. The Steelers will most certainly put Ike Taylor on Andre Johnson and let him shadow the Texans star WR the entire game. I still expect Matt Schaub to test Ike quite a few times, especially early on and see how he responds. Being one of the best WR's in the league, you have to figure he'll get some looks. If Johnson can get the best of Taylor, the Texans will keep going back to it all day long.

I suspect though, that Ike will be able to stay with Andre pretty well, and their battles will be fun to watch. I'm sure he'll make some plays and Johnson will make some too. I don't expect Taylor to give up a 100 yds worth of receiving to his man, but regardless it will be a good challenge for him. Taylor talks about these types of challenges often and he enjoys matching up against the best the NFL has to offer. It makes him raise his game and that always helps the Steelers defense.

Pressure needs to be applied early and often to help Ike and the other DB's.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

In 2008... The year the Steelers posted an amazing defense, even though the Steelers held the Texans to 17 points, Steelers gave up 112 yards on 10 receptions to Johnson.

Steelers don't run a man defense, there will be times that Taylor is not on Johnson and he will be matched up with linebackers and other defensive backs.

My Mood
    Devilish
    regardless of whether or not ike can shadow johnson, he can shadow just about anyone, he doesnt look at the ball. so really, unless he accidently hits it while waving his arms he's not going to "make a play". even against the colts there were a few times where the ball went right by ikes head and he didnt even know it until after the receiver had caught the ball.

the thing that pisses me off about ike is that ive seen him actually get hit in the back of the head by the ball. i mean damnit, he's like a scarecrow, he's right there, a serious threat, and yet, theres absolutely no ball skills. he's like, the greatest non-factor CB in the game. its ridiculous. if the man would just learn to be aware of where the ball is he could be better than revis.

i have a feeling johnson is going to have a field day with him. especially if woodley and harrison dont get in Schaubs face. if we can manage to get some pressure then i think we win. if we dont its gonna get ugly.

I like Ike Taylor, but I'm afraid that André will beat him badly all day long... We'll need a great deal of pressure on Shaub to avoid him destroying us.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Manic
    [QUOTE=JensK;444039]I like Ike Taylor, but I'm afraid that André will beat him badly all day long... We'll need a great deal of pressure on Shaub to avoid him destroying us.[/QU
    Think really hard when was the last time ike got lit up in a game?

ike will play the usual 15 yards off the line and we'll see what happens.

Matt Schaub is a good QB but he's no Brady or Manning, I think the D can rattle him..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

[QUOTE=connecticutsteel;444042]
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I like Ike Taylor, but I'm afraid that André will beat him badly all day long... We'll need a great deal of pressure on Shaub to avoid him destroying us.[/QU
    Think really hard when was the last time ike got lit up in a game?
    Ike have not been playing against anyone who is anywhere near Andre Johnsons level. Maybe Fitzgerald and well.. He almost won the Superbowl for the Cardinals.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    no mood
    The D-line needs to do their job this weekend. Maybe at practice the linebackers should use cattle prods to show them what kind of push they will need at game time.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Thread Information