Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's beyond painful to watch the Steelers offensive line

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

It's beyond painful to watch the Steelers offensive line

We knew this would happen tonight, but we hoped that it wouldn't. Freeney and Mathis had a field day all game long, making both J. Scott and Marcus Gilbert look like turnstyles. The Colts were selling out to stop the run and the Steelers couldn't move it at all on the ground. When they did go after them through the air Ben barely got time to survey the field before he was running for his life or getting crushed from behind.

Neither one of them had a chance without TE help from Heath Miller or David Johnson. On the first strip of Ben, Gilbert failed to stay on his man. He started out well and pushed Freeney out of the play but failed to follow up on him. I don't care of Ben is holding onto the ball, you have to stick with your man. Scott was just getting owned all day long, even with help the left side of the line had no chance.

NBC put up a stat that J. Scott has 10 penalties in the last 11 games I believe. And that's your starting LT folks.

Then Gilbert goes out with a shoulder injury and in comes Essex, who's no better. In the 2nd half it was more of the same. If this team doesn't get it's act together up front you can kiss any post season goodbye.

Legursky goes down with a separated shoulder, and it just goes on and on. This unit so inept if I were Ben Roethlisberger I'd be livid!!!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-26-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Amen. I will talk bout this tommorow. Just not in the right frame of mind to discuss anything. My temper is through the roof. Night all

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I bet we have a TE playing tackle next week
    :logospin:

Veteran
    The frustrating thing, BRC, is that the offensive line has been an issue for years and years and years. They are bringing in replacements for Smith and Keisel and drafted another dozen or so line backers, but allow the single most important and by far most expensive player on the team get beat up week in and week out.

At this point in time, I'm thoroughly embarassed to be a Steeler fan. Once again they played with no urgency, no desire, dare I say it, no heart. The Colts are a team they should have blown out.

Far too many F-ing mistakes as well. Ben turned the ball over 3 more times; yes I know the line shares some responsibility. One of those went for a TD; while everyone just stood there thinking, wow, another fumble. That sucks. Look at all the Colts running for the ball. Guess I'll get a Gatorade. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 09-25-2011 at 11:44 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would rather gouge both of my eyeballs out with a rusty knife than watch this unit play one more game. So..yeah.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The frustrating thing, BRC, is that the offensive line has been an issue for years and years and years. They are bringing in replacements for Smith and Keisel and drafted another dozen or so line backers, but allow the single most important and by far most expensive player on the team get beat up week in and week out.

At this point in time, I'm thoroughly embarassed to be a Steeler fan. Once again they played with no urgency, no desire, dare I say it, no heart. The Colts are a team they should have blown out.

Far too many F-ing mistakes as well. Ben turned the ball over 3 more times; yes I know the line shares some responsibility. One of those went for a TD; while everyone just stood there thinking, wow, another fumble. That sucks. Look at all the Colts running for the ball. Guess I'll get a Gatorade. Pathetic.
    You're preachin to the choir bro, trust me I am right there with you. The backups and sub par players that have graced the black n gold offensive line over the years is inexcusable. You ignore the line for long and it comes back to bite you. It just burns me up to watch these guys try and act like an NFL offensive line. Your 100 million dollar QB gets crushed week in and week out.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Steelers Offensive Line??? We have one?? Why werent we more active in the off season? I know we probably didnt have the $$$$ but why pay Ben so much just to get him killed. Brady and manning would NEVER be able to take the pounding that Ben does

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Love
    Wake me up from this nightmare.

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    It's a win that almost feels like a loss, if you know what I mean.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It still continues to baffle me, although I don't know why. We go over this same song and dance year after year after year. You stock pile WR's, RB's, Linebackers, Defensive lineman, but you continue to give the offensive line little help. Sure Gilbert could be good in the years to come but it's going to take awhile.

Remember too, that shortened offseason didn't allow them much time to get many new faces in. Still though, there were players to be had and if Tomlin and Colbert continue to get sub part talent on the line, Ben might as well realize his career will be shortened.

Thread Information