Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind Enemy Lines: Houston Texans

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh most definitely, if the Steelers start out slow the Texans will put up points quickly and it will turn into a pass to catch up gameplan real quick. Expect the Texans to put up atleast 3 TD's if not 4 on the Steelers.

Even if they start out fast, it may not matter. I thought Sun night good things were going to happen and it would be a runaway the way they started. That thought quickly evaporated.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I have a ton of respect for their HC, he's been through the ringer... But with that said I also want this team to beat his teams *** badly! lol
    i'm with ya on this. i hav so much respect for him that i'd love to see his team miss the playoffs and they fire him....then maybe we could hire him as our new and improved OC.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Man why are just about all the people on here are so negative. I thought you guys are Steeler fans. I know I am. I support my team no matter how good or bad they are preforming. you will never ever ever hear me say the Steelers will lose to any team in the NFL point blank. You can rag on me all you want but I hardly hear a post on here about any thing positive. The things you all gripe about are the same things you all were praising last year. You didn't have a problem with the OC, DC, the line the linebackers, the receivers, the secondary the punter and hell even the field goal kicker. Fellas the Steelers are just like novacaine give it time it will work.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Joker View Post
    Man why are just about all the people on here are so negative. I thought you guys are Steeler fans. I know I am. I support my team no matter how good or bad they are preforming. you will never ever ever hear me say the Steelers will lose to any team in the NFL point blank. You can rag on me all you want but I hardly hear a post on here about any thing positive. The things you all gripe about are the same things you all were praising last year. You didn't have a problem with the OC, DC, the line the linebackers, the receivers, the secondary the punter and hell even the field goal kicker. Fellas the Steelers are just like novacaine give it time it will work.
    BA has been a complaint on here since last year if not longer.

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    BA has been a complaint on here since last year if not longer.
    2 SB's ago...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    no mood
    For the record we can win another superbowl and I still want BA gone. BA is probably the prototype for players over coming their coaching. We also complained a lot about the secondary last year, this still hasn't got fixed yet.

Most people that post here don't follow the team with blinders we are realists. I can hope this team gets it done, but it still don't change the fact that the weaknesses we see now are mostly the same as years past. The exception is the D-Line which came up as a shock of how fast they dropped off in play.

There is a big difference between cheering for your Steelers and being a homer. Its all good to be a homer if you wish, but most people here like to speak their mind.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    With great success comes less room to criticize, but the folks on this forum KNOW football and more importantly, they know STEELERS football. We sound very critical and negative at times and perhaps you're right, even too critical, but we live and die with this organization. Some call it crazy, insane, ridiculous whatever... We call it 'addicted' and when you invest so much into this you tend to be critical and knee-jerk at times. Many of us are frustrated over the lack of offensive line and secondary additions, Bruce Arians, etc. We believe this team should be better than it is and there is no better place to discuss it than right here. It's our therapy

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    i have a bad feeling about this game

--- Added 9/28/2011 at 09:14 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelJunkie View Post
    For the record we can win another superbowl and I still want BA gone. BA is probably the prototype for players over coming their coaching. We also complained a lot about the secondary last year, this still hasn't got fixed yet.

Most people that post here don't follow the team with blinders we are realists. I can hope this team gets it done, but it still don't change the fact that the weaknesses we see now are mostly the same as years past. The exception is the D-Line which came up as a shock of how fast they dropped off in play.

There is a big difference between cheering for your Steelers and being a homer. Its all good to be a homer if you wish, but most people here like to speak their mind.
    this...there are fans, and there are homers...my wife's cousin is the same way...she was born and raised a steelers fan, and is one of the biggest fans i know...however, she can be a homer at times...she tells me all the time i should be an iggles fan b/c of the way i speak of the team, or players individually...you can talk good about the steelers all day, but if our o-line looks like they have the last few years, and our secondary is allowing 200+ yds passing, i'm not going to sit there and kiss their feet...if they're playing like garbage, i'm going to say it

Waterboy
    Hey Guys - Houston Texan fan here. Looking forward to the game this weekend. Pretty proud of our team this year and I echo the sentiment here that this is another measuring stick for both teams. Here's to a injury free and good game! Good Luck!

Another Texan Message board here:
    http://www.texanstalk.com/

Thread Information